13B Cannon Crewmember - Weapons Systems Technician
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
As a Cannon Crewmember in the Army National Guard, you join a team that ensures the U.S. maintains its battlefield superiority. You will have the opportunity to learn and use high-tech cannon artillery weapons systems and artillery tactics and strategy both of which translate into comparable civilian skills, such as familiarity with technology, strategic thinking, and decisiveness.
Other duties include:
- Conducting wire and radio communications
- Identifying target locations
- Setting, loading, and firing artillery
- Using computers to generate fire direction data
- Operating heavy and light wheeled trucks and tracked vehicles
- Transporting and managing artillery ammunition
- Maintaining operational readiness of vehicles and equipment
Earn while you learn
Get paid to learn! Join the Guard and you will learn valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for a Cannon Crewmember requires 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you learn basic Soldiering skills. Then you will attend Advanced Individual Training (AIT), which consists of 14 weeks of additional training. Part of this time is spent in a classroom and part in the field under simulated combat conditions.
Requires military enlistment. Requires military enlistment. Applicants must meet minimum qualifications. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability. Benefits subject to change.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Healthcare Benefits Available
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.