Benchmarks company culture is central to our management philosophy. The companys stated purpose is to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the benchmark by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
The Banquet Captain will supervise staff, coordinate banquet events assigned and implement property policies and procedures.
Job Description: QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years food and beverage experience in banquets.
- One year supervision experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Pleasant and helpful personality.
- Fill out necessary paperwork for function (order stewarding, chaffing dishes, tables and miscellaneous products.
- Coordinate with kitchen on food pick up.
- Supervise set up, preparation, service and tear down of banquet function.
- Constant training of staff.
- Safety procedures.
- Conduct pre-meeting.
- Interact with guests, coordinator, and property conference managers.
- Evaluation and discipline of employees.
- Give feedback to Banquets Manager.
- Maintain open communication with management and other employees.
- Be well organized and efficient.
- Indoor and outdoor environments, working for as long as a function lasts.
- Indoor working conditions include walking on a carpeted areas and vinyl areas.
- Outdoor working conditions include walking on cement and grass.