Seasonal Store Manager
This position is directly responsible for the setup, overall operation and teardown of the Store, which includes achieving the store sales plan, managing expenses and controlling shrink. The Store Manager is responsible for the setup, merchandising, pack-up and teardown of the store. The Store Manager’s work schedule is a minimum of 44 hours a week. The District Sales Manager will discuss the schedule according to the needs of the business. California Store Manager’s work schedule is 40 hours a week unless otherwise determined by the District Sales Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Drive sales performance in order to achieve maximum results.
- Ensure that all administrative paperwork is completed according to company Policies and Procedures.
- Recruit, interview, hire and train all Assistant Store Managers/Sales Associates.
- Hold the entire staff accountable for the essential duties and responsibilities of their positions.
- Ensure that all aspects of Guest Service are being provided for according to the Company standards.
- Ensure that all Associates understand product knowledge provided by Spirit and are able to demonstrate this understanding with the Guests.
- Seek ways to satisfy a Guest’s complaint by providing solutions that will encourage them to continue to shop with us.
- Lead the process in merchandising, stocking, price changes and reducing damages and defectives.
- Implement and manage loss prevention techniques.
- Open and close the store and protect all Company assets including: key control of the store, the Manager’s office and back bank.
- Manage the daily performance and assigned duties of the store staff.
- Train and review cash handling with cashiers and assist in balancing the cash drawers.
- Ensure that bank deposits are done daily.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have at minimum a High School Degree and be at least 21 years of age.
- Computer Skills
- Ability to understand Microsoft Windows environment.
- Ability to operate Point-Of-Sale register system.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively manage people through open and consistent communication
- Ability to present information to our Guests, Associates and Vendors one-on-one and in both large and small group situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and problem resolution in order to improve the overall business and
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to deal with people effectively.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must have excellent teamwork and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be positive, courteous, energetic, and enthusiastic in all aspects of our Guest and Associate interaction.
- Must be on time and ready to work each scheduled shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those which are deemed necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to: stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision and depth perception.
Disclaimer: This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by Associates in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Associates in this job.
Browse similar jobs (1524)
Sterling, Virginia 20166