Healthier pets. Happier people. Better world. Our vision might sound lofty, but we believe it’s attainable when we obsess about providing complete care for our amazing pets. Our approach goes far beyond addressing our animals’ basic needs to support their physical, mental, social, and emotional needs. By being sure we take all of these elements into consideration, we can help pet parents take the very best care of their pets.
Promotes and ensures the efficient and effective operations of the Grooming Salon. Responsible for achieving targeted goals of the grooming salon to include budgeted sales goals, gross margin to budget, labor percentage to budget, promoter metrics, supply costs, staffing and oversees the daily operations of the salon. Through the lens of our Petco Co-Values, ensures the health, welfare and proper care of all live animals. Provides grooming services that align with brand promise. Provides training, feedback and coaching for Pet Stylists, Pet Stylist Apprentices, Grooming Salon Apprentices and Grooming Assistants. Ensures the safety of both salon partners and pets. This job is composed of a variety of different tasks that may be covered by Petco operational standards, policies and procedures. The Grooming Salon Leader is responsible for the welfare of all live animals Grooming Salon.
The incumbent must be able to consistently perform all the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Ensure the health and well-being of live animals by providing the correct care in accordance with the established Petco standards, policies and procedures.
- Adheres to Veterinary Protocol for all sick animals.
- Supervises the daily operations of the grooming salon.
- Professionally manages and performs grooming services including brushing, bathing, ear and teeth cleaning, expression of anal glands, & trimming nails. Follow owner's instructions and/or Breed Profiles/Standards when clipping or trimming an animal’s coat. Ensure the safety and well-being of animals.
- Completes personal & salon partners’ daily grooming sales paperwork(s). Reviews all grooming partners’ paperwork(s) daily to ensure the proper sales are recorded on each pet before turning in to the store leader.
- Orders supplies as necessary for the grooming salon. In partnership with the Guest Experience Leader, provides and properly maintains clippers, blades, and other hand tools required to perform grooming services.
- Assists with building the grooming business (IE: Reminder calls, Book-a-Bath, 3 With Me… Greet guests on the sales floor and or during vaccination clinics to promote grooming services).
- Ensures Grooming Salon cleanliness, performs routine housekeeping to maintain appearance of the Grooming Salon to Petco standards.
- Provides courteous service to all guests by utilizing the GUEST+ Model in the salon.
- Exhibits a high level interest in animal welfare.
- Adheres to and promotes established safety procedures and maintenance of clean, safe and healthy environment for store partners, guests and animals.
- Adheres to loss prevention policies.
- Interacts professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with internal and external partners and guests.
- Ensures that the salon is staffed and properly trained to offer grooming services during all hours of operations.
- Directly supervises the Grooming Salon partners.
- Meets grooming sales projections, controls payroll and expenses to meet budget, maintains daily and weekly records, schedules guest grooming appointments, assists in preparation of bi-weekly work schedule.
- Analyzes reports to assess the state of the business and develops action plans to improve where needed to achieve budgets and goals.
- Assists the Guest Experience Leader and/or Store Leader in recruiting and hiring Grooming Salon partners.
- Provides orientation and training to all new Grooming Salon partners and monitors productivity.
- Identifies all situations and/or conditions that negatively affect the Grooming Salon to the Guest Experience Leader, Store Leader and/or Leader on Duty.
- Collaborates with store Partners to ensure an exceptional guest experience for all Omni-channel initiatives, to include but not limited to Instacart, Extended Aisle, and Repeat Delivery.
- Performs activities to maintain a knowledge and understanding of Store Sales and Margin reports and data.
- Applies a talent management skill set within the scope of recruiting, hiring, training, work scheduling, coaching and succession planning.
- In partnership with store leaders, recruits, hires and develops a team focus on building long-term guest relationships.
- Trains and coaches proper safety procedures to all grooming salon partners, to provide the best pet and Partner experience focusing on the health & wellness of both the pet and the partner.
- Reviews Partner Promoter survey results with SL and GEL and works with salon staff to develop action plans.
Directly supervise all Grooming Salon partners. Provide guidance and training to salon staff. Test potential applicants for grooming procedures and evaluate skills on other job related tasks. Complete performance evaluations for all salon partners.
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors in the grooming salon. Position requires bending, kneeling, lifting (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long periods of time. A large amount of this partner’s time will be spent in direct contact with our guests and their dogs and the remaining time will be with the other salon and store partners. The work environment can be noisy and wet. Improper use of safety equipment and/or not following proper lifting techniques may pose of risk of injury to customers, pets, and store personnel. Follow all safety precautions and procedures.
Education and Experience
Minimum high school diploma (its equivalency i.e. GED) or the equivalent work experience. Some college level business/management courses is preferred. 5 years’ experience in guest service roles as a store partner is preferred. Experience supervising partners, or demonstrating an aptitude for training, motivation and sales techniques, and analytical abilities is preferred. Minimum two years’ experience in all breeds grooming is required. Experience monitoring and providing direction to Grooming partners is preferred. Previous supervisory experience and prior retail experience are preferred.
Browse similar jobs (205)
Pasadena, California 91101
Pasadena, California 91104
Pasadena, California 91106