Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
The Textile Graphic Design Manager will be responsible for the creation of seasonal trend, color, print and graphic themes that set the tone for apparel and home decor! They will mentor and manage the apparel design team while partnering with product and technical designers to ensure the design vision and intent is delivered to Petco’s guests.
Essential Job Functions:
- 25% Manage and lead apparel design team delivering products that support Petco’s Owned Brands strategic direction, meeting all timelines and budget requirements.
- 45%-Design original textile prints and graphic illustrations for all of Petco Owned brand product categories; including (but not limited to) apparel, home décor, accessories & travel; delivering on a unique aesthetic, setting Petco apart from competition.
- 15%-Approval and communication with overseas sourcing office of lab dips, strike-offs, hand looms and knit downs to achieve consistency across all of Petco Owned Brands.
- 10%-Produce detailed technical specs for all artwork and prepare artwork for vendors to facilitate proper application, size, technique, etc.
- 5%-Assist in trend research and style guides to provide seasonal color palettes, print & graphic direction for apparel & home décor.
This role oversees two apparel designers. Managing time and action, cross functional meetings, talent development and training.
This is a standard office work environment with collaborative workspaces. Occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs may be required. Some light manual labor is required to set up design reviews on a monthly basis.
BA or BFA in textile design or graphic design is required. 3-4 years of textile design experience is required. Comprehensive knowledge of construction and all creative techniques in relation to silk screening, sublimation, embroidery, embellishment, woven plaids and patterns, graphic illustrations and dying treatments. Must be able to demonstrate hand sketch and computer illustration skills. Must be competent in Creative Suite C6 or above and Microsoft Office. Requires the ability to communicate via written correspondence and informal presentations with cross-functional partners, Asia Sourcing Office and senior management. Must be able to function in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment. Must be able to function as a team or individually and be self motivated.