Card Member Assistance Rep
Discover is hiring! Our Card Member Assistance department is looking for Entry Level Collectors. The pay is $15.25 an hour plus monthly incentive!
Since Discover launched in 1986, we've made a business of redefining the credit card industry for the better. We were first to have no annual fee, first to offer cash rewards, first to provide 24/7 customer service, and we rank #1 in customer loyalty. As a Fortune 500 company, we strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can contribute in a way that is different from other large institutions. If you're looking for a place to make a difference and let your voice shine through, we'd love to meet you.
Initial role is making right-party contacts, verifying vital information, and getting the customer in contact with the appropriate account manager while delivering excellent customer service for Discovers collections call center. You will also be responsible for learning how to utilize skip tracing tools, how to initiate card member contact, along with being able to ask open ended probing questions to third parties that they come in contact with. You will be eligible for promotion to Early Stage Collections Account Manager within 6-9 months with proven results.
For our Card Member Assistance - Entry Level Collectors benefits start DAY ONE of your employment. These include:
1. Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid time off (20 personal days + 7 holidays per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement available your first day of employment
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full service cafeteria featuring Starbucks
- Access to fitness center
- Opportunities to Volunteer in the community
- Development Groups and Trainings
- Obtains client information by answering telephone calls; interviewing clients and authorized users to verify information and identity.
- Utilize various skip tracing techniques and recovery strategies to locate right parties in order to negotiate payment arrangements on accounts.
- Ability to ask probing questions in order to better understand customers’ current financial state.
- Make outbound and receive inbound calls and consistently follow Discover’s recovery call model and techniques.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
Key Skills/ Qualifications:
- Three months collections, sales, retail or customer service experience preferably in financial services, banking or recovery
- Capable of building customer loyalty through listening, relationship building, and professional and persuasive communication skills
- Able to influence, creative problem solve, and find customized solutions
- Flexible and adapt to change well
- Able to navigate various computer applications, retrieving relevant information to respond to and service customer inquiries
- Perform other duties assigned to you
- Confident communication skills
- Customer Service-focused mindset
This positions starts on September 10th, 2018. We are hiring for our 6:00 am – 1:30 pm & 12:30pm - 8:00pm shifts. You will be working 30-39 hours a week (Most weeks will be around 35 hours to start) Rotating weekends is required for this position.
Last day to offer 8/23
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old