Kroger Grocery/Stocking Hourly Associate
Company Name: Kroger Stores
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Grocery/In-Stock Purpose: If you take pride in a job well done and enjoy tasks that revolve around structure and consistency, you are just the type of person we’re looking for to fill one of our In-Stock positions. As a member of the In-Stock team, you will act as the backbone of the store by providing departments with the merchandise they need and customers with the products they want. The In-Stock team is vital to ensuring the success of the store as a whole, and as an In-Stock team member, you will be an important part of helping to make your store a better place to work and shop day in and day out.
Positions within our Grocery/In-Stock Department Include:
- DSD Receiver
- Grocery Clerk
- Grocery Clerk-Night
- Home Department Apparel Clerk
- Home Department Clerk
- Natural Foods Clerk
- Beer/Wine/Spirits (Liquor) Clerk
In-Stock Job Duties Vary by Position and May Include:
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold.
- Process customer transactions quickly, accurately, and efficiently and provide them with fresh products that they have ordered.
- Recommend products to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Collaborate with fellow associates and promote teamwork to help achieve company and store goals.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Assist in training department associates on maintaining inventory and stocking products.
- Assist cashiers with price checks and product replacement duties and by scanning and processing customer orders, processing tender and coupons, and following Front End scanning procedures.
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Assist with daily, weekly and monthly price changes by updating shelf tags and signs.
- Plan, organize and supervise the inventory process and maintain an awareness of inventory and stocking conditions; note any discrepancies in inventory.
- Manually attach price labels with a labeling machine.
- Stock aisles; build and maintain displays.
- Assure the department and backrooms are clean and orderly.
Skills/Qualifications: Ability to handle stressful situations, effective communication skills, knowledge of basic math
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: TX || Southlake || 2110 E Southlake Blvd || 76092 || Kroger Stores || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None