Advanced Cook - Fine Dining - Zach's Cabin - Beaver Creek Resort
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Advanced Cook - Fine Dining – Zach’s Cabin - Full & Part Time - Winter Seasonal - Beaver Creek, CO
Beaver Creek: Leave your everyday life behind. People travel to Beaver Creek, Colorado from all over the world, and many make it a tradition. The drama of rock and sky, the sheer grandeur of this place, is one reason; and North America's World Cup Mountain is another. It is also a place of intimacy, a private resort hidden from view, with the power to bring people together.
Zach’s Cabin: Nestled amongst the aspens on Bachelor’s Gulch Mountain overlooking the Gore Range, our cabin is a “ski in-ski out” signature private members club during the day. At night we open to the public where elegant alpine sleigh ride and fine dining experiences are made. Our location and atmosphere is unlike any other on the mountain. Join our staff and become part of the Vail Resorts family with locations and opportunities around the world. Beaver Creek is a winter wonderland that will be sure to provide an experience of a lifetime.
The Fine Dining Advanced Cook is an experienced cook with a positive work ethic and general leadership qualities, who is career-oriented, creative, and active. The Advanced Cook understands the importance of standards, speed, and quality. This position works under the Executive Chef, Sous Chef, and General Manager to prepare and cook the necessary quantities of food and carry out established quality standards. This person possesses abilities in all applicable cooking techniques and practices. The Advanced Cook is proficient in all positions in the kitchen and may be responsible for training and overseeing employees and running the daily kitchen operations. This person has the ability to work off prep lists, complete station setup in time allotted, fabricate items to standard during service and complete prep list for next service period. This cook coordinates with entry and intermediate cooks on their stations, inspects food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe and sanitary food handling practices. This position must be able to expedite food, solve problems as they arise and be flexible to deal with special requests as well as be an excellent conduit to the FOH staff. This position, as all staff, will be required to know and follow all company safety guidelines and use personal protective equipment when working. Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of cooking experience in a fine dining restaurant - required
- High School diploma or equivalent - required
- Culinary degree and/or equivalent experience highly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of proper cutting techniques, kitchen safety, and sanitation - required
- Must be able to read, write, speak, comprehend and understand English fluently - required
- Strong communication skills, including ability to train staff members - required
- Must be proficient at high demand food stations – required
- Able to assure safe and clean work condition for all personnel - required
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs - required
- Positive work ethic - required
- Team-oriented attitude - required
- Must be able to work in a hot kitchen environment up to 8 hours during a shift – required
- Must be able to stand up to 8 hours during a shift – required
- Must be able to talk and hear directions in a loud kitchen environment - required
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends and holidays - required
- In person interview – highly preferred
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 156247
Browse similar jobs (4)
Avon, Colorado 81620
Avon, Colorado 81620