We are well known for our homemade flatbread but we know guests will keep coming back for the great food and our amazing people.
At the core of our brand is people. We need great people to grow and continue our outstanding success.
Purpose of the Shift Leader Position:
You will contribute to the success of restaurant operations by meeting or exceeding standards, policies, and procedures in People, Product, Property, and Profit. Operations includes, but is not limited to, delivering uncompromising guest service, ensuring product and food quality excellence, maintaining profit and financial controls, maintaining safety and cleanliness standards, and supporting partner training.
• Ensure proper set up of restaurant including barista, oven line, dining room, catering and prep areas. Perform opening, mid, and closing procedures as required.
• Ensure all Cosi food and beverage products are prepared according to specifications at all times.
• Assist with achieving operational excellence goals as evaluated by then current Operations Evaluation Tool including, but not limited to, production, inventory, cleanliness, staffing, partner development, cash handling, safety & security, guest service, catering, gift card / loyalty programs, and sales building.
• Assist in achieving daily Profit & Loss budget by ensuring profit building methods including, but not limited to, increasing sales ensuring inventory management, cash controls, hourly labor management, comp & promo management, gift card & point-of-sale management are executed.
• Actively motivate and lead partners.
• Assist in achieving guest satisfaction goals as evaluated by then current Guest Satisfaction Evaluation tool and react to guest issues in a timely and professional manner.
• Support the development of new and existing partners by facilitating training and correcting any deficiencies through coaching and instructing.
• Organize work by assigning specific job tasks, delegating duties and ensuring partners are performing in a consistent manner and adhering to standards.
• Follow inventory control procedures and guidelines.
• Follow cash handling procedures and cash register polices.
• Assist with managing labor costs.
• Maintain a safe environment for partners, managers, guests, and vendors, free from environmental hazards and unlawful harassment and discrimination.
• Perform other job related duties as assigned.
• Will be required to work irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
We are looking for :
• Previous restaurant experience preferred but not required.
• Ability to learn quickly.
• Ability to accept and follow clear directions.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Positive attitude.
What's in it for you?
Manager referral bonuses
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
• High School Graduate.
• Minimum 1 - 3 years progressive experience in a restaurant environment.
• Hands-on management style that emphasizes direct involvement in shift operations.
• Basic knowledge of financial management disciplines including Profit & Loss, Cost of Goods Sold, and Labor costs.
• Effective multi-tasking skills and ability to achieve results according to deadlines.
• Ability to function independently and intuitively in a fast-paced environment.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Organized with strong attention to detail.
• Effective interpersonal, influencing, coaching and conflict-resolution skills.
• Demonstrated creativity and sound business judgment.
• Basic computer skills that include knowledge of MS Office applications and the Aloha POS system (or similar system).
• Ability to manage confidential information and maintain its integrity.
• Ability to work irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand up for 90% of shift; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level may include that of a typical restaurant environment.
Browse similar jobs (501)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102