Because we’re obsessed with the health of pets, we offer a variety of vet services to meet the needs of our customers, which means a wealth of career opportunities, whether you’re a licensed veterinarian or a veterinarian support professional. Located inside Petco stores, our Vetco Wellness Centers offer professional expertise for common pet health problems.
Our Vetco vaccination clinics offer a variety of preventive care services for healthy dogs and cats inside Petco and Unleashed by Petco retail stores across the US. Rather than having a permanent presence, these clinics function like pop-ups inside Petco stores: our crew and veterinarian arrive at the store with the equipment, vaccines, medications, and everything else they need to take care of the pets they see.
As a Vetco Licensed Veterinary Technician, you will meet your veterinary team at our local dispatch office, then travel to your assigned Petco clinic locations for the day. At the clinics, your team of veterinary technicians and assistants will greet the pet parents and recommend the veterinary services that will best protect their pets. The Veterinary Technician will assist the Veterinarian so the services can be administered and thank the pet parent for protecting their pet!
Essential Job Functions:The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must love dogs and cats...and people too!
- Team player who thrives on supporting the team in every way
- Make educated recommendations to our clients and providing exceptional customer service
- Works hard and has fun doing it!
- Eager to learn
- Ability to work in changing environments, traveling throughout our Market
- Responsible and accountable individuals
- A can-do attitude
- Licensed Veterinary Technician is required
- Must be able to work weekends Saturday and Sunday Week Night Clinics beyond part-time are potentially available
- Veterinary experience is required
- Valid Driver's License and have a Clean driving record
- Able to lift dogs and equipment of up to 50lbs (with assistance)