Our Assistant Managers In conjunction with General Manger (GM), the Shift Manager (SM) oversees the daily operations of Moe’s Southwest Grill Restaurant by working with team members to ensure outstanding customer service to maximize sales and to control food, labor and other operating costs.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU!
- Full-time positions with 5 days per week, 10 hour per day
- All hours over 40 worked each week are paid at time and one half
- Free Employee meal while working
- Paid Sick time
- Group Health Benefits, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- 401k with a match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities – we prefer to promote from within
- Performance reviews and potential pay increases after 3 and 12 months and annually thereafter.
- Employee Referral bonus
- Oversees staff and operations during assigned shifts.
- Controls foods costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste; ensuring high quality of preparation.
- Places food orders based on established pars.
- Conducts and allocates precise daily and weekly inventory of restaurant food products and dry good.
- Assists GM to attract customers by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs.
- Works with GM to implement restaurant business plan by surveying restaurant demand; conferring with members of the community; identifying and evaluating competitors; preparing financial, marketing, and sales projections, analyses, and estimates.
- Works with GM to achieve restaurant operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic and action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining improvements and implementing change.
- Assists GM in accomplishing restaurant human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining hourly staff; communicating job expectations; assisting with planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Inputs weekly schedule into the POS system based on the GM’s recommendation.
- Maintains operations by following established policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and patron-service standards
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; securing revenues; developing and implementing disaster plans; maintaining security and sprinkler systems; maintaining parking lot and walkways. Reports issues following procedures
- Maintains ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen service, utensil quality and placement; monitoring food presentation and service.
- Continually improves job knowledge by participating in manager meetings, educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishment
Necessary Skills/Qualifications for Success:
- Skillful to provide outstanding customer service and maintain customer focus to increase sales
- Experience controlling food, labor and other operational costs to show increase profits
- Experience with people management
- Able to nurture, coach, mentor and hold team members accountable
- Capable to develop team member schedule and flex based on sales volume demands
- Experience resolving conflict with customers and team members
- Ability to identify poor process and knowledge to create new and more efficient to processes
- Possess solid communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Sound decision making and problem solving skills
- High level of initiative
- Time management and deadline oriented
- High Energy Level
- Ability to multitask
Necessary Qualifications for Success:
- Average minimum 3 years’ experience in food service management, required
- Experience with fast casual restaurant with delivery, preferred
- High school diploma/GED, required
- Associate’s degree or higher in Hospitality or Food Service, preferred
- Possess or obtain Food Safety Manager Certification within 3 months of employment.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States and able to provide appropriate documentation to complete the form I-9 within 3 days of their first day of employment
- Must be 18 years of age, acceptable criminal background check.
- Frequently moves about inside the restaurants kitchen and backrooms (which maybe in a basement or second floor)
- Occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds and frequently up to 20 pounds on a regular basis when working in the kitchen
- Must be able to constantly operate computer and other office productivity machinery
- Must be able to consistently see and hear customers via the phone and in person
- Frequently works in a hot kitchen or able to make deliveries in a motor vehicle in all weather conditions
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Savin Brands was established in January 2005. We purchased two existing Wings Over locations: Wings over West Hartford and Wings over Storrs and over the next few years we began to open additional restaurants.
Today, we have 5 Wings restaurants in central Connecticut, 5 in the greater Boston Massachusetts area.
In September 2018 we purchased 13 existing Moe's Southwest Grill locations; 10 in Connecticut and 3 in Western Massachusetts. We anticipate opening many more restaurants in the next few years.
Savin Brands is committed to providing our customers with great food and exception service. Our Values consists of Service, Accountability, Value Relationships, Integrity and No Limits.
We are able to accomplish this through our employees who are:
- Strong work ethic
- Have Fun
- Positive Attitude
If this environment matches your career goals, working with Savin Brands will be the beginning of something great for your career!
To learn more about Savin Brands visit our website at www.savinbrands.com
- Fun & Flexible Work Enviornment
- Salary + Bonus
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance
Browse similar jobs
- Associates Degree Jobs
- Computer Jobs
- Communication Jobs
- Cook Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs
- Full-Time Jobs
- High Energy Jobs
- Managerial Jobs
- High School Diploma Jobs
- Leadership Jobs
- Medical Benefits Jobs
- Marketing Jobs
- Multitasking Jobs
- Paid Time Off Jobs
- Retirement Jobs
- Sales Jobs
- Restaurant Operations Jobs
- Tuition Reimbursement Jobs
- Fast Food Jobs
- Fast Casual Jobs
- Restaurant Jobs
- Food Service Jobs