Join us for a cup of coffee and an interview!
Tuesday, October 30th
121 Spear St
San Francisco, 94105
Hiring for all levels in our Downtown San Francisco Coffeebars!
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old
Shift Lead Job Description
Peet’s Company Overview
For 50 years, our goal has been to offer the best coffees & teas in the world, without compromise. Since 1966, we've journeyed in the pursuit of better – a better blend, a better cup of coffee, a better experience for our customers. Every day, our teams strive to deliver on our company's purpose better than they did the day before. Our values – Mastery, Passion, Authenticity, Community, Ownership and Growth – guide us on this journey.
We've learned that the secret to great coffee is the people who make it, and we apply the same care in selecting and preparing our teams as we do when crafting the perfect cup. Collectively, we foster a culture based on authenticity that inspires people to unleash their unique, personal passions and expertise toward achieving our vision and mission. It takes talent and dedication from hundreds of Peetniks to make a single cup of Peet's coffee.
We believe that we will only achieve Peet’s Vision by cultivating strong supervisors who can individually and collectively inspire our people and carry forward our mission.
At the heart of Peet’s is our unwavering commitment to distinctive quality. This steadfast dedication shines through in our teams and differentiates Peet’s from all others.
Peet’s recognizes that distinctive quality is fundamental to our ability to grow a profitable business. To achieve this, they skillfully blend strategic direction, operational performance, healthy relationships and a never-ending commitment to continuous development.
At Peet’s, everyone has a role to play as part of the team and takes personal responsibility for their development. Peet’s, in return, is dedicated to supporting each and every person by providing opportunities and an environment that supports their development.
Peet’s is currently seeking passionate Shift Leads. The Shift Lead models the unwavering commitment to mastery by ensuring unequaled quality and service. They focus on daily operations of the store including Service Leader, while ensuring excellent customer service.
What Does a Successful Shift Lead Look Like?
- Promotes a culture of authenticity, respect, dignity and integrity
- Inspires a shared purpose and engagement
- Models a passion and commitment to continued success
Delivers Operational Excellence
- Executes quality store openings and closings, troubleshoots issues and demonstrates pride in the store
- Acts as Service Leader at times, ensuring all financial transactions as well as service standards are met
- Champions the ongoing spirit of development and professional growth across the team
- Supports a culture that attracts, retains and develops the highest quality Baristas
What Qualifications do I Need?
- Minimum of one year experience as a retail supervisor with superior customer service standards and/or related experience and training
- Consistently demonstrates performance that embodies Peet’s Vision, Mission and Values
What Benefits do Shift Leads Receive?
At Peet’s we hire the best people and are committed to supporting our employees and rewarding them for their work. That’s one of the reasons we offer the following benefits:
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance to employees who work 21 or more hours per week.
- 401(k) plan, with matching
- Paid holidays
- Vacation and sick leave benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (Peetnik Care Fund)
- Free coffee and fresh baked goods as well as an employee discount
For decades, we have been committed to supporting our coffee-growing communities. We work tirelessly to source all of our coffees in a responsible manner. For Peet’s, Social Responsibility starts at the coffee origin, where we go beyond Fair Trade prices and certifications to build direct long-term relationships that improve both quality of coffee and quality of life. Our coffee is then roasted in the country’s first LEED(R) Gold-certified roasting plant. This highlights our dedication to provide remarkable quality while caring for farmers and the environment.
Beyond Coffee, Peetniks are passionate supporters of our community and serving our local communities doesn’t stop at the counter. Peet's employees take pride in supporting the neighborhoods where they live and work, thorough holiday donation programs and supporting non-profits at home and globally. We believe that Coffee thrives where people do. We support the communities where our beans are grown, lending hands and knowledge to make life and coffee better.