VP Area Ops
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we know that good leaders are critical to our success. As the VP of Area Operations, you will be responsible for the success of the total customer experience including overall direction, service and financial performance, as well as growth for Managed Transportation and North American Transportation. Your years of experience will be put to use maximizing employee engagement and maintaining clear and frequent communication on every level.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Successfully manage P&L for 10-20 Managed Transportation customers, driving both top- and bottom- line growth
- Oversee and execute a cohesive strategy for disciplined growth for $300 MM of Freight Under Management (FUM)
- Oversee and optimize operational processes, including sales incentive programs, customer and carrier contractual agreements, key employee hires, and IT applications for 200+ employees
- Develop and execute high-growth financial plans, and report on performance against plan
- Oversee successful execution of 4000+ loads planned/shipped per day
- Work in coordination with leadership team to develop compelling sales and marketing initiatives that communicate XPO’s value proposition for the Managed Transportation customer
- Collaborate and cross-sell with other divisions to strengthen XPO brand awareness as a single-source supply chain partner
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7 years of transportation management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Logistics
- 10 years of progressive transportation management experience
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'OrÃ©al, Toyota and many others. We're the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we're just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Nearest Major Market: Aurora
Nearest Secondary Market: Chicago
Browse similar jobs (11)
Full-time, Part-timeWood Dale, Illinois 60191
Aecom Technology Corporation
Part-time, Full-timeWarrenville, Illinois 60555
Full-time, Part-timeNaperville, Illinois 60540