Front Desk Supervisor
The Front Desk Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Front Desk Manager while providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests, prior to arrival and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to take alternative courses of action quickly and effectively.
- Must be able to take the initiative in job performance, including
anticipating what needs to be done in advance of necessity.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be able to anticipate, prevent, identify and solve problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from several sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Approach all encounters with the guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Valley Hospitality standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag WHEN WORKING.
- Comply at all times with Valley Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Supervise, schedule, train and discipline Guest Service Staff.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
- Monitor all VIP and special guest requests.
- Review Front Office log daily.
- Operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
- Ensure logging and delivering of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Be aware of the all current rates, packages and promotions.
- Be familiar with all in-house groups, closed out and restricted dates.
- Be able to complete and ensure that a proper bucket check, room rate verification report and housekeeping reports have been accurately done and filed.
- Maintain proper operation of the PBX console. Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with fellow employees and other departments within the hotel.
- Ensure employees are following maintaining standards i.e. answering phones, callbacks to guests, guest requests log.
- Have knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures as required.
- Oversee and ensure that all guests are checked-in/out in a friendly, efficient, and courteous manner.
- Be able to perform, complete and ensure that all tasks and duties on the shift checklist are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time
- Responsible for issued house bank.
- Be able to perform all duties of Guest Service Agent.
- Run room status reports in a timely manner and relay necessary information to affected departments and individuals.
- Monitor key control.
- Ensure the maximization of room revenue.
- Answer all guest inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Be involved in departmental meeting, planning and execution.
- Maintain productivity levels at or above budgeted standards.
- Assist in training and cross training new hires and current employees on a regular basis.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager.