Seasonal Sales Associate/Cashier
Job Summary: Sales Associate/Cashier
- Responsible for helping the store to achieve sales objectives by using effective Guest Service techniques.
- Assist and encourage Guests in making costume selections.
- Responsible for maintaining the appearance of the sales floor and replenishing stock.
- Responsible for operating the Point-of-Sale register by accurately ringing up sales.
- Accept payment for sales in accordance with POS procedures and Company Policy.
- Responsible for accuracy of cash drawer funds, paperwork and closing procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for selling store merchandise to Guests while maintaining the Company's standard in Guest Service including acknowledgement of all Guests through verbal and non-verbal forms, such as a greeting, smiling and eye contact.
- Demonstrate merchandise utilizing product knowledge according to Company guidelines.
- Perform suggestive selling to encourage add-on sales.
- Follow zoning or station selling assignments.
- Assist with merchandising, stocking, reducing damages and defectives.
- Dress in the Spirit orange apron and the Spirit name badge while on the sales floor.
- Perform sign waver duties in Spirit as requested by the Store Manager and/or Assistant Store Manager.
- Perform other duties based on business needs.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have at least 2 years secondary education and be at least 16 years of age.
- Ability to navigate in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Ability to operate Point-Of-Sale register system.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information to our Guests one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one - or two - step instructions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to deal with people effectively.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must have excellent teamwork and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be positive, courteous, energetic and enthusiastic in all aspects of Guest and Associate interaction.
- Must be on time and ready to work each scheduled shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those which are deemed necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to: stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision and depth perception.
Disclaimer: This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by Associates in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Associates in this job.
Browse similar jobs (234)
Jacksonville, Florida 32258
Jacksonville, Florida 32244