Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
Essential Job Functions:
The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Supervise/Manage new construction projects for the Central Region.
- Review construction phasing, schedules, and monitoring budgets and progress.
- Establish and track project budgets, construction schedules, and all construction costs.
- Review feasibility analysis, permitting, design and construction of new stores & special projects.
- Expedites development timelines by interacting with and providing guidance to outside Architects, Engineers, General Contractors and Governmental Agencies.
- Review sign exhibits with an emphasis on the company’s best interests.
- Monitors progress and quality of construction by regularly scheduled site visits providing functional expertise and counsel to General Contractors.
- Leads and/or participates in daily/weekly new store development calls with various team members to include but not limited to; Real Estate – Operations – Design – Construction - Store Planning – Merchandising – Signing
- Assist in the development of, and read & interpret said documents and instructions from vendors and other team members.
- Ability to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work within the appropriate level of independence.
- Travel on a regular basis to assigned locations. Overnight travel by plane and car could be up to 50% of the time.
Direct supervision of General Contractors and outside vendors to include hiring, training, assignment delegation and follow up.
While most job functions are performed while seated indoors with little or no exposure to hazards, the Project Manager will frequently be required to travel nationally. Travel could include overnight stays from one to five nights. The Project Manager will often visit construction sites and be exposed to the hazards common place therein.
- Knowledge of all key architecture, engineering, and construction management principles associated with multi-unit retail/restaurant development.
- Ability to establish timelines & budgets and to be able to manage against same.
- Ability to frequently prioritize and re-prioritize activities based on changing needs of the projects and management input.
- Experience and productive execution in cost estimating and negotiating.
- Working knowledge of MS Software to include but not limited to Word, Excel, and MS Project.
- Preferred working knowledge of Projectmates Construction management software.
- Experience with "on-line" project management preferred.
- Must have organizational and communication skills and the ability to interact with personnel at all levels.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and proof of insurance, and have the ability to acquire rental cars, accommodations on other incidental expenses common to out of town travel.
- A minimum of a High School education.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management and/or Architecture preferred.
- 5 years of progressively responsible knowledge & experience related to project management with focus on retail and restaurants with a high volume company including plumbing, mechanical, and electrical.
Browse similar jobs (4)
Part-time, Full-timeEscondido, California 92025
Part-time, Full-timeLa Mesa, California 91942
Part-time, Full-timeVista, California 92083