Shift Leader - Evenings & Saturdays
McAlister's Deli & Catering is excited to be expanding our team with a new evening and rotating Saturday Shift Leader position at our Worldgate Shopping Centre location, in Herndon, VA. This fast-casual dining restaurant is known for it’s high-level of customer service and southern hospitality. Our fresh, wide-variety menu is family-friendly with healthy options for everyone. Please visit www.McAlistersdeli.comto learn more about us!
This is a great opportunity for a college student or someone looking for a stable and fun part-time position. Must be at least 21 years old and have at least two years of restaurant experience with shift leader and cash management experience and a high degree of customer service skills and knowledge.
The hours are 3pm-8pm or 1pm-7pm Mon-Fri and some Saturday's 10am-3pm. The shifts will be shared with another shift leader so no one person is closing every night, or working every Saturday. We are closed on Sundays and all marjor holidays. The ideal canidate will have experience in another fast-casual concept, in a simular role.
General Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all AliMax Enterprises, LLC policies, procedures, and practices.
- Uniform policy begins upon arriving in the parking lot.
- Greet and interact with all guests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Maintain complete knowledge of menu items, ingredients, and all menu promotions.
- Maintain expected standard of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the dining room.
- Perform all opening, closing, and maintaining duties to ensure total cleanliness and a smooth operation. This includes but is not limited to: sweeping, mopping, scrubbing and/or sanitizing areas of the dining room.
- Prepare all items using standing recipes, measurements, and procedures.
- All other duties as directed by members of management.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Ability to learn and use a KDS (Kitchen Display System).
- Ability to learn and use all equipment necessary to perform specific job requirements.
- Ability to work within all physical requirements of the position which include but are not limited to: walking and standing during an entire shift, reaching, bending, carrying, stooping, wiping, lifting and emptying trashcans, ability to climb ladders, and ability to move or handle up to 50 pounds.
- Knowledge and practice of all safety expectations throughout the restaurant.
- All positions may come in contact with a variety of foods, which could include: peanut oils, seafood (tuna), nuts, and dairy.
- All positions may have frequent contact/immersion of hands with water, sanitation solutions, and cleaning products.
Ability to effectively verbally communicate and read product labels, menus, and order tickets in English. We do have training materials in English and Spanish.
*Hazards include but are not limited to, cuts from knives, slipping, tripping, falling, and burns.
AliMax Enterprises, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, disability, and/or national origin.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old
Browse similar jobs (230)
Herndon, Virginia 20170
Reston, Virginia 20194