Work with our award-winning team!
Harris Teeter is now hiring Assistant Department Manager Trainees!
As a Department Manager for Harris Teeter you will be required to empower and provide a positive experience for up to 25+ team members. You will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of your department, while carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Harris Teeter’s policies. Areas you may be accountable for include interviewing and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; assist in appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems. It is with your leadership and direction that our customers be provided with World Class Customer Service by your team members. Harris Teeter will support you throughout your training process to ensure your career growth and development with our company. This support includes, paid training, profit sharing, competitive pay, flexible scheduling, and much more.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Associates must be at least 18 years of age.
Hiring for the following Departments:
- Customer Service - Must have previous retail customer service management experience of 1+ years (preferably large volume retailers with high number of associates i.e. Target, Wal-Mart)
- Dairy Frozen - Must have previous retail or food service management experience of 1+ years; Comfortable working in extreme temperatures
- Overnight Grocery - Must have previous retail or food service management experience of 1+ years; Must be available for flexible shifts between 9pm-8am; Availability to lift up to 100lbs consistantly
- Deli Bakery (Fresh Foods) - Must have previous food service management experience of 1+ years (Fast food, KMs, Wholesale clubs); Comfortable working in extreme temperatures
- Produce - Must have previous retail or food service management experience of 1+ years
- Floral - Must have floral design background and be able to pass Floral Design Test; 3+ years experience in Floral arrangements and design; Must be willing to work in other departments
- Meat Seafood - Must have previous meat cutting experience of at least 3+ years and be able to pass meat cutting test; Must have previous food service management experience of 1+ years
In addtion, candidates MUST HAVE:
- Open availability for flexible scheduling between the hours of 5am and 12am
- Reliable transportation (no public transit)
- Current or last role title a Manager
- Customer service driven
If interested, APPLY NOW!
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Browse similar jobs (837)
Washington, District of Columbia 20002
WASHINGTON, District of Columbia 20017