As a caregiver, you make an incredible impact on the lives of others. As a BrightStar employee, you have the opportunity to experience a more rewarding career. Let us show you how we can make more possible so you can too.
Seeking an RN with proven leadership skills to coordinate operations of our Home Health Services, with accountability for customer service, internal operations, culture and learning, and the financial and professional performance. The Home Health Registered Nurse makes visits to adult and geriatric patients in their community or assisted living home. This position requires prior experience in a Medicare Certified Home Health agency with knowledge of OASIS. Prior case management experience preferred. This RN will work closely in an interdisciplinary team, directing the care for LPNs and HHAs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs, initiates, and implements patient care plan
- Explains procedures and treatments to patient to gain cooperation, understanding and allay apprehension
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment and examination of patient
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or physician of patient's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments and significant incidents
- Takes and records patients' vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assesses condition of patient
- Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures and protocol
- Documents nursing history and physical assessment for assigned patients
- Initiates a patient education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient as prescribed by the physician and/or hospital policy including patient and family instruction
- Rotates among various clinical services of institution such as obstetrics, orthopedics, surgery, outpatient and admitting, pediatrics, and psychiatry
- Prepares rooms, sterile instruments, equipment, and supplies for surgery
- Bathes, dresses and assists patients in transferring, walking and turning
- Keeps rooms safe for patients, makes beds and answers patients' calls
- Participates in department or unit quality improvement activities
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing, and is currently licensed as an RN through the State Board of Nursing.
- Prefer at least one year's clinical experience, with current home health, medical, surgical, or critical care experience.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and principles.
- Possesses and maintains good physical stamina and mental health. Has presented a pre-employment health clearance.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and is in good working order.
- Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligation.
- Possesses excellent observation, good clinical judgment, and good oral and written communication skills.
- Self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision; has good organizational skills.
Browse similar jobs (113)
Cramerton, North Carolina 28032