We are now accepting applications for Prepared Foods Clerks!
Prepared Food Clerks prepare products, maintain display cases, service customers in the Kitchens at Giant Eagle Department, and build customer loyalty by providing exemplary customer service.
- Provide products and services that meet the requirements of internal and external customers at all times, and abide by the Company’s Statement of Values and The Six Promises.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor (to ensure safety), and sanitation regulations are met within department and cafés.
- Prepare, cook, and fry various types of foods by reading recipes and following instructions.
- Servicing customers by filling customers’ requests in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Set up and maintain kitchen display cases.
- Knowledge of code dating.
- Operate cash register (if applicable).
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock percentage goals.
- Servicing customers by answering questions and doing suggestive selling.
- Set up and maintain Asian/salad bar (if applicable).
This Job Description identifies the major responsibilities of this position. It does not include all aspects of this position such as potential additional duties assigned by supervisors and the requirements for flexibility in helping others for the company’s overall benefit.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and follow instructions
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Basic math skills
Physical Requirements/Work Conditions
- Ability to lift over 30 pounds
- Ability to bend, twist, grasp, reach, push, pull, and use repetitive motion as required
- Soup Kettles
- Pricing gun