We are now accepting applications for Bakers!
The Baker produces quality bakery products to ensure customer requirements are met and builds customer loyalty by providing exemplary customer service.
- Provide products and services that meet the requirements of internal and external customers at all times, and abide by the Company’s Statement of Values and The Six Promises.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor (to ensure safety), and sanitation regulations are met within department and cafés.
- Assemble necessary baking ingredients to prepare for baking operation.
- Prepare bakery products according to established recipes.
- Perform bench work according to established procedures.
- Bake prepared product using appropriate time and temperature as specified by recipe.
- Insert products into proof box, set controls, and close door to ensure proper size and shape of product.
- Prepare and fry donuts according to established procedures.
- Insert products into and retrieve products from the freezer to preserve freshness.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock percentage goals.
- Answer questions and resolve problems to ensure customer requirements are met.
This Job Description identifies the major responsibilities of this position. It does not include all aspects of this position such as potential additional duties assigned by supervisors and the requirements for flexibility in helping others for the company’s overall benefit.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
- Follow recipes
- Operate baking equipment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and follow instructions
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to read and follow recipes/instructions
- Organizational skills
- Ability to reach above head level to place products in proof box or oven and turn controls
Physical Requirements/Work Conditions
- Ability to lift and carry at least 50 pounds of baking ingredients and prepare baked goods using manual utensils/bakery equipment continually throughout the shift.
- Ability to bend, twist, grasp, reach, push, pull, and use repetitive motion as required
- Baking Utensils
- Bun Rounder
- Proof Box