We are now accepting applications for Grocery Clerks!
The Grocery Clerk maintains standards in the sales area and stocks shelves to ensure customer requirements are met and builds customer loyalty by providing exemplary customer service.
- Provide products and services that meet the requirements of internal and external customers at all times, and abide by the Company’s Statement of Values and The Six Promises.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor (to ensure safety), and sanitation regulations are met within department and cafés.
- Stock merchandise and maintain shelves and display.
- Knowledge of code dating.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock percentage goals.
- Building displays by taking merchandise by flats from back room to sales area and lifting product from flats to displays.
- Sweeping floors with broom or doing clean ups with broom and/or mop.
- Making bales by operating paper bailer.
- Answering customer questions by responding pleasantly and accurately to questions.
This Job Description identifies the major responsibilities of this position. It does not include all aspects of this position such as potential additional duties assigned by supervisors and the requirements for flexibility in helping others for the company’s overall benefit.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and follow instruction
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Basic math skills
Physical Requirements/Work Conditions
- Ability to lift over 50 pounds frequently throughout the day
- Ability to work in cold
- Must be able to pull flats of merchandise and bend
- Ability to bend, twist, grasp, reach, push, pull, and use repetitive motion as required
- Power Jack/ Manual Jack
- Trash Compactor
- Marking guns
- Pricing guns
- Ordering Machine
Columbiana Foods, Inc.