We have an immediate opening for a Cook.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
The Cook position will assist the Food Services Director in providing a total quality food service program.
- Wash dishes, pots and pans and store them properly.
- Assist the Food Services Director in meal preparation, service, and clean up.
- Be available for occasional special events, parties, activities and marketing activities.
- Do pre-preparation for meals later in the day, week, weekend, or for special events.
- Do scheduled kitchen cleaning as assigned and when needed.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the community.
- To act at all times in a professional manner to visitors, staff and residents in the community.
- Attendance on the job as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned for the successful operation of the community.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old
- Successful completion of drug screening
- Must obtain a satisfactory criminal record check per State guidelines.
- Must have received a tuberculosis screening and physical examination within 12 months prior to employment (or as State guidelines require) to assure that the employee is free of diseases communicable within the scope of employment and physically qualified to work.
- Experience in professional food service.
- Ability to follow direction
- Ability to read and follow recipes and menus.
- Must be able to prepare meals when the Food Service Director is absent
- Must fully understand the importance of reliability and timeliness.
- Must be able to work under stress and in emergency situations
- Must be able to work under conditions which require sitting, standing, walking, reaching, pulling, pushing, and grasping with risk of environmental exposure to communicable disease.
- Must be able to effectively convey instructions and information to residents and staff members.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and sensitively with other staff members, referral sources, patients and their families and physicians.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
For a complete list of job openings please contact the Community
Posting ID: 11390770Posted: 2020-02-19