Hire For Attitude / Train For Competency!
Whether you are seeking Part Time work, Supplemental work, Contingent work, or a Career in which you make a difference in someone's life every time you go to work, consider a position with ComForcare.
The key to our success is our caregivers. We promote a work environment that is open and friendly and we provide on-going specialized training and home care education so that our caregivers (Home Health Aide / Certified Nurse Assistant) continue to provide the high quality home care services for which ComForcare is known.
Servicing: Lower Bucks County, Pennsylvania
The HHA/CNA provides specifically defined, non-skilled care services under the supervision of a Registered Nurse to enable the client to remain in the home. The HHA/CNA is a non-licensed health care employee who provides personal care and homemaking services in the home setting to clients and families who are unable to perform these activities independently. The HHA/CNA conforms to all agency policies and procedures including providing care, compliance with the agency Bill of Rights, observing client/family confidentiality, and adhering to agency dress code.
POSITION TITLE: Home Health Aide (HHA) / Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
- One or more of the following criteria: One year minimum of continuous experience as a Home Health Aide or Nurse Aide in a health care environment; Completion of a State (or similarly accredited) Home Health Aide or Nurse Aide training program; Completion of one year of classroom and clinical training from an accredited nursing program, medical assistance program, or other applicable direct care training program.
- Satisfactory compliance with ComForcare bonding criteria.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interact with clients, families, coworkers, and all supervisors.
- Ability to accurately follow and process written and verbal instructions.
- Satisfactorily demonstrate and perform competency in clinical skills through competency checklist and skills demonstration test.
- Minimum score of 80% on competency exam (NLN Test).
- Eighteen years of age or older.
- Visual and hearing capacities functioning at a level sufficient enough to provide for the supervisory and physical care needs of clients.
ROUTINE DUTIES- PERSONAL CARE SERVICES
- Bathing, assistance with dressing, nail and skin care, back care, foot care, shampoo and oral hygiene.
- Assistance with ambulation, transfers, range of motion exercise, safe use of equipment and assistive devices, (walker, crutches, cane) change of position.
- Assistance with toileting; use of bedpan, commode, or urinal; incontinent care.
- Meal planning, preparation, and assistance with feeding.
- Emotional support and motivation through conversation, encouragement and recreational activities.
- Maintenance of appropriate agency records.
- Present and conduct themselves in a professional manner according to agency policy.
- Adhere to infection control and safety procedures that are in accordance with agency policy.
- Light Housekeeping- including changing of bed linens, vacuuming, sweeping, dusting of client's environment, emptying client's wastebaskets and garbage. Refrigerators are defrosted, when necessary, if client or caretaker is unable to do so. Cleaning of the bathroom includes bathtub, sink, and toilet. The floor should be vacuumed and mopped if it becomes wet. Cleaning of kitchen includes washing dishes, counter tops and the floor.
- Personal laundry- the laundry belonging to the client him or herself. Laundry for any family members or others in the same home is not the responsibility of caregiver.
- Grocery shopping.
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS FOR EMPLOYMENT:
- Valid Driver's License
- Your own Vehicle
- Automobile Insurance
- No Criminal History
Posting ID: 12987386Posted: 2020-02-17