Reports To: General Manager
Direct Reports: Assists in the Management of Hourly Partners
Hungry for a great opportunity?
The Associate Manager assists in the management of the restaurant operations for a specific NEWK's location. They are responsible for achieving planned sales and budgeted profit levels for the restaurant through the implementation, management, and upholding of all NEWK's policies, procedures, programs, and operational excellence performance standards.
As a member of the management team, the Associate Manager assists in providing direction and motivation to the hourly partners, ensuring execution of all positions, chores and responsibilities in order to provide our guests with an exceptional NEWK's Experience and exceptional product quality. This position also helps to protect the brand by maintaining a sanitary, safe, respectful, efficient and quality work environment while effectively managing operational/product costs.
- Assists the restaurant team to achieve planned profit levels while providing our guests with an exceptional NEWK'S Experience.
- Proactively serves as an ambassador for NEWK's restaurants, both within the restaurant and the community, through consistent, positive representation of our NEWK's culture of respect and care for others.
- Assists in the development, performance management and training of hourly partners.
- Ensures that all NEWK's Experience standards and operational systems are executed properly in a sanitary, clean, safe, and friendly environment, according to all NEWK's established procedures.
- Ensures that all menu items are prepared, accurately portioned, and presented properly in a sanitary, clean and safe manner according to all established procedures, standards and specifications.
- Ensures the restaurant's compliance to productivity and service standards by assisting to develop and maintain a sufficient number of trainers, shift leads and well-trained, productive employees.
- Build sales by focusing the staff on image and NEWK's Experience service standards and actions to enhance the guest's perception of the restaurant.
- Ensures proper management of the facility and equipment through preventive maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security measures, and adherence to safety and sanitation requirements.
- Required, under certain circumstances, to perform/assist all stations/functions for all positions in the restaurant.
- Conducts employment activities to include staffing (hire/separation responsibilities), scheduling, training, and conducting performance reviews with all hourly partners, as well as recommending salary increases and issuing corrective actions.
- Ensures accurate financial reporting to include: payroll, cash and receipts, house accounts and other invoicing procedures, productivity and operating expenses.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve exceptional NEWK's guest experience
- Responsible for all communication with regard to system breakdowns deficiencies.
- Attends weekly restaurant manager meetings and other scheduled meetings; may be asked to present information, as requested.
- Responsible for meeting established objectives during periods of his/her supervision in the General Manager's absence.
- Extensive standing without breaks.
- Exposure to heat, smoke and cold.
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depths of approximately three ft.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided for periods of up to eight hours or longer as needed.
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times; bending, reaching and walking.
- Effective communication with guests.
- Carrying trays of food products weighing approximately 20 Ibs for distances of up to 60 ft.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Dependent on area of management responsibility (Product/Place/People)
- Receives direction from General Manager as to specific assignments and objectives; the Associate Manager determines method of execution with periodic review from General Manager to determine if objectives and goals are met.
- Assists General Manager with projected annual sales while operating within budgeted guidelines.
BUSINESS CONTACTS: (Internal & External):
Internal: Extensive contacts with all levels of store personnel; contacts with Company/Franchise Office departments.
External: Extensive contacts with guests (internal/catering) and contact with distributors, delivery personnel, repair technicians, and sales persons.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
- Excellent communications, supervisory, and guest service skills.
- Some college preferred.
- Operating FOH P.O.S. System (Aloha).
- Operating BOH systems (Aloha), other computer programs (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- At least two years prior restaurant managerial experience.
- Internal candidates considered for promotion to manager may substitute Certified Trainer and Shift Lead experience for management experience.
Posting ID: 15874911Posted: 2020-11-26