We have an immediate opening for a Activities Director.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
The Activities Director position has the responsibility of providing activities for the residents and the community. The Activities Director also assists the Executive Director in marketing the community by being available for marketing tours.
- Assist the Executive Director in planning, organizing, developing, implementing, directing and actually performing the various activities of the community.
- Design and implement appropriate social and recreational activities for all the residents.
- Under the direction of the Executive Director, design and implement special events for residents, their families, prospects and their families, referral sources, volunteers and the general community.
- Be available to give marketing tours of the building when Executive Director is not available.
- Be prepared for and manage emergency situations including disasters, fire, and no-show employees.
- Attend staff meetings as directed.
- Attend and participate in educational classes and on-the-job training programs as scheduled or directed.
- Participate as assigned in activities, special events, marketing efforts, and special programs.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the community.
- To act at all times in a professional manner to visitors, staff and residents in the community
- Attendance on the job as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned for the successful operation of the community.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old
- Successful completion of drug screening
- Successful completion of motor vehicle records check.
- Must obtain a satisfactory criminal record check per State guidelines.
- Must have received a tuberculosis screening and physical examination within 12 months prior to employment (or as State guidelines require) to assure that the employee is free of diseases communicable within the scope of employment and physically qualified to work.
- Must have evidence of first aid and CPR certification.
- Must have dementia care training.
- Must be able to work under stress and in emergency situations
- Must be able to work under conditions which require sitting, standing, walking, reaching, pulling, pushing, and grasping with risk of environmental exposure to communicable disease.
- Must be able to effectively convey instructions and information to residents and staff members.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and sensitively with other staff members, referral sources, patients and their families and physicians.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Posting ID: 16366192Posted: 2020-02-19