Job Summary: The Prep Cook is responsible for the preparation of portions, ingredients and recipe components and for storing the same for Kitchen and Dining Room use.
Essential Job Duties:
- Sets up the salad station.
- Prepares equipment and obtains supplies as needed.
- Reviews daily specials, function sheets and prep lists.
- Prioritizes work.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all menu items and recipes.
- Keeps the work area clean and orderly at all times.
- Slices ham, turkey, roast beef and cheeses for sandwich cooler.
- Makes tossed salads for the day.
- Sets up salad bars for banquets.
- Cleans and maintains containers of celery sticks, carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes, etc.
- Keeps dressing shelves full in salad coolers.
- Makes garnishes for banquet
- Checks supplies and informs Kitchen Manager of needed supplies.
- Prepares sandwiches and salads.
- Rotates food items in the cooler.
- Maintains a high level of personal hygiene and cleanliness.
- Conducts Kitchen cleaning activities as needed.
- Communicates issues, concerns, complaints, compliments, and suggestions to the management of the organization and not to other associates, guests, etc.
- Does whatever it takes to create OUTRAGEOUS GUEST SERVICE.
Click APPLY NOW to apply online today!
Non-Essential Job Duties
Performs related work as required.
Must have at least a 9th grade education.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing, walking, bending/stooping, crouching, pushing/pulling
- Climbing heights
- Lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Good written and verbal communication
- Hearing normal conversation
- Seeing including near acuity and depth perception
- Tasting, smelling
Posting ID: 18487007Posted: 2020-02-19