SUMMARY OF POSITION
Provides friendly and efficient service to guests according to company policies, procedures, programs and performance standards. Performs all duties to maximize guest satisfaction and quality of work environment as directed by the manager on duty. Ensures kitchen work areas, restaurant common areas, plate ware, silverware, equipment and utensils are clean and in excellent condition
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Reports to work well-groomed, in clean and proper uniform and practices good personal hygiene.
- Arranges soiled dishes, silverware and glassware into washer trays.
- Pre-rinses all items to be washed
- Loads trays into dishwasher.
- Removes dishes, silverware and glassware from washer trays and stocks kitchen personnel and servers.
- Washes pots and pans in 3 compartment sink.
- Air dry dishes and utensils – do not stack
- Keeps all silverware out of trash
- Maintains cleanliness of his/her stations and work areas.
- Performs side work during shift downtime including but not limited to; rolling silverware, restocking condiment holders, cleaning works areas, cleaning bathrooms, etc.
- Keeps General Manager and Manager on Duty informed of problems and/or issues and proposes alternative solutions for consideration.
Assists Crew Members
- Removes soiled dishes from cook’s line and supplies with clean dishes
- Keeps dish area, prep kitchen organized swept , mopped and dry
- Clean and restocks employee restroom
- Assists in putting away food deliveries
- Breaks down boxes and removes trash and recyclables
- Picks up parking lot and grounds
- Assist kitchen staff with food preparation using safe food handling practices
- Assists with other activities as instructed by the manager on duty.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIROMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Extensive standing and walking for up to 8 hours
- Must be able to see at a distance (20) feet, at close range (12 inches), distinguish between shapes and utilize peripheral vision to avoid hazards.
- Must be able to communicate clearly
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depts. of 2 ½ - 3 feet.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided
- Must have time management skills
- Must be able to fit through openings 30” wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 50 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Exposure to dish and cleaning chemicals
Receives direction and training from the Manager on duty as to the specific procedures and assignments.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and customer service can be taught through in house training.
This position description in not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principle job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Posting ID: 18864088Posted: 2020-07-14