Host/Hostess - Full-time / Part-time
530 Pond Promenade
Chanhassen, MN 55317
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Provides friendly and efficient service to guests according to company policies, procedures, programs and performance standards. Performs all duties to maximize guest satisfaction and quality of work environment as directed by Manager on Duty. Controls the flow of business in the dining room so guests feel welcome and comfortable. Provides genuine hospitality to each guest ensuring their dining experience is highly satisfactory.
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
Host Activities and Guest Interaction
- Reports to work well-groomed, in clean and proper uniform and at all times practices good personal hygiene.
- Opens the door as guests enter and leave the building.
- Uses greeting, seating and waiting list procedures. Seats guests in a friendly and timely manner in person or on telephone.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Takes and manages reservations; receiving telephone calls and properly documenting reservation request.
- Completes wait sheets(by hand or Open Table)
- Competes table count sheets(by hand or Open Table)
- Meets guest’s needs by providing information about the restaurant, menus and surrounding area.
- Ensures no guest leaves the restaurant unhappy, getting the manager if necessary.
- Stocks all items on the front desk checklist
- Ensures menus are clean
- Completes restroom checklist and cleans restrooms
Assist Crew Members
- Processes To-Go orders to the bartender.
- Maintains guests’ needs throughout their dining experience by assisting servers with pre bussing procedures
- Sweeps floor around tables to assist servers were needed
- Performs side work during shift downtime including but not limited to; rolling silverware, restocking cleaning works stations and bussing tables, etc.
- Provides assistance to all servers and bus persons in order to execute service standards.
- Ensures 100% guest satisfaction on every visit.
- Communicates with Manager on Duty and coworkers regarding product/service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems. Etc.
- Keeps General Manager and Manager on Duty informed of problems and/or issues and proposes alternative solutions for consideration.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIROMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Extensive standing and walking for up to 8 hours
- Must be able to see at a distance (20) feet, at close range (12 inches), distinguish between shapes and utilize peripheral vision to avoid hazards.
- Must be able to communicate clearly
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depts. of 2 ½ - 3 feet.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided
- Must have time management skills
- Must be able to read, write and perform addition/subtraction calculations
- Must be able to control and utilize fingers to write.
- Must be able to fit through openings 30” wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 50 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
Receives direction and training from the Manager on duty as to the specific procedures and assignments.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and customer service can be taught through in house training.
This position description in not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principle job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Est. $14.74 - $20.66 Full-time Chanhassen, MN 55317 Urgently Hiring Est. $14.74 - $20.66 Full-time Chanhassen, MN 55317 Urgently Hiring $15.00 to $20.00 hourly Full-time, Part-time Chanhassen, MN 55317 Urgently Hiring Instant Interview $15.00 to $20.00 hourly Full-time, Part-time Chanhassen, MN 55317 Urgently Hiring Instant Interview Est. $23.42 - $28.30 Full-time Shorewood, MN 55331 Urgently Hiring Est. $23.42 - $28.30 Full-time Shorewood, MN 55331 Urgently Hiring Est. $13.50 - $16.39 Full-time, Part-time Excelsior, MN 55331 Urgently Hiring Est. $13.50 - $19.38 Full-time, Part-time Chanhassen, MN 55317 Est. $19.70 - $29.81 Full-time, Part-time Chanhassen, MN 55317