SUMMARY OF POSITION
Provides friendly and efficient service in a timely manner to guests according to company policies, procedures, programs and performance standards. Shows quests genuine hospitality while providing them with a memorable experience. Look like a professional and show sincerity with a positive, friendly attitude. Performs all duties to maximize guest satisfaction and quality of work environment as directed by Manager on Duty. Prepare beverages in a timely manner.
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Reports to work well-groomed, in clean and proper uniform and at all times practices good personal hygiene.
- Welcomes guests immediate upon seating with a non-scripted greeting
- Using acquired menu knowledge, offers menu suggestions, answers questions and anticipates guests’ needs.
- Practices responsible beverage service with all guests- verify their age.
- Takes drink and food orders
- Serves high quality food and checks all orders to ensure they are complete, prepared as ordered, portioned correctly and attractive in appearance.
- Attends to any additional guests’ needs or requests
- Maintains bar top – pre-bussing, replacing beverage napkins or coasters detailing etc.
- Learn the names of regular guests
- Silent service – Service is felt but not seen
- Answers the phone and processes to go orders.
- Maintains cleanliness of his/her stations and pantry.
- Performs side work during shift downtime including but not limited to; rolling silverware, restocking cleaning works stations and, washing dishes, etc.
- Executes the service cycle and team responsibilities at all times. Ensures 100% guest satisfaction on every visit.
- Ensures no guest leaves the restaurant unhappy. Utilize our service recovery policy and involve the manager if necessary. Always strive for 100% guest satisfaction.
- Communicates with Manager on Duty and coworkers regarding product/service deficiencies. equipment, safety problems. Etc.
- Keeps General Manager and Manager on Duty informed of problems and/or issues and proposes alternative solutions for consideration.
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages according to recipes and standards.
- Enters drink and food orders and/or operates POS equipment pursuant to company policies.
- Prepares, presents and receives payment for guests’ checks in a timely, effective manner
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Maintains bank balance and accountability to funds
Assists Team Members
- Maintains bar top, bar area and common areas of the restaurant
- Restocks bar
- Prepares mixes and garnishes for drinks
- Assemble bar dishwasher and/or compartment sinks. Monitor chemical levels.
- Wash and sterilizes glassware. Monitor glasses for chips or cracks, polish to remove spots.
- Stocks all necessary bar items
- Cleans and maintains all bar equipment
- Requisition liquor, beverages and supplies from bar manager
- Maintains cleanliness of bar
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIROMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Extensive standing and walking for up to 8 hours
- Must be able to see at a distance (20) feet, at close range (12 inches), distinguish between shapes and utilize peripheral vision to avoid hazards.
- Must be able to communicate clearly
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depts. of 2 ½ - 3 feet.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided
- Must have time management skills
- Must be able to read, write and perform addition/subtraction calculations
- Must be able to control and utilize fingers to write, slice chop and operate equipment.
- Must be able to fit through openings 30” wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 50 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Exposure to dish and cleaning chemicals
Receives direction and training from the Bar Manager or Manager on duty as to the specific procedures and assignments.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
Basic Bar Knowledge
Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and customer service can be taught through in house training.
This position description in not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principle job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Posting ID: 18864093Posted: 2020-02-19