SUMMARY OF POSITION
Provides friendly and efficient service in a timely manner to guests according to company policies, procedures, programs and performance standards. Shows quests genuine hospitality while providing them with a memorable experience. Look like a professional and show sincerity with a positive, friendly attitude. Performs all duties to maximize guest satisfaction and quality of work environment as directed by Manager on Duty.
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Reports to work well-groomed, in clean and proper uniform and at all times practices good personal hygiene.
- Greets guest in a courteous and respectable way when seated at station.
- Welcomes guests immediate upon seating with a non-scripted greeting
- Using acquired menu knowledge, offers menu suggestions, answers questions and anticipates guests’ needs.
- Practices responsible beverage service with all guests.
- Takes drink and food orders
- Serves high quality food and checks all orders to ensure they are complete, prepared as ordered, portioned correctly and attractive in appearance.
- Attends to any additional guests’ needs or requests
- Maintains dining area – pre-bussing, detailing etc.
- Silent service – Service is felt but not seen
- Maintains cleanliness of his/her stations and pantry.
- Performs side work during shift downtime including but not limited to; rolling silverware, restocking cleaning works stations and bussing tables, etc.
- Executes the service cycle and team responsibilities at all times. Ensures 100% guest satisfaction on every visit.
- Ensures no guest leaves the restaurant unhappy. Utilize our service recovery policy and involve the manager if necessary. Always strive for 100% guest satisfaction.
- Communicates with Manager on Duty and coworkers regarding product/service deficiencies. equipment, safety problems. Etc.
- Keeps General Manager and Manager on Duty informed of problems and/or issues and proposes alternative solutions for consideration.
- Writes guest check and/or operates POS equipment pursuant to company policies.
- Prepares non-mixed drinks
- Prepares, presents and receives payment for guests’ checks in a timely, effective manner
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
Assists Team Members
- Maintains service stations, garnish line, service bar and common areas of the restaurant
- Restocks service station with glasses, tea, ice and plates
- Restocks garnish line
- Fills condiments
- Sorts, polishes and rolls silverware
- Cleans mirrors and artifacts
- Runs food for all servers to ensure hot food is served hot
- Maintains cleanliness of dining room, bar and expo area.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIROMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Extensive standing and walking for up to 8 hours
- Must be able to see at a distance (20) feet, at close range (12 inches), distinguish between shapes and utilize peripheral vision to avoid hazards.
- Must be able to communicate clearly
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depts. of 2 ½ - 3 feet.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided
- Must have time management skills
- Must be able to read, write and perform addition/subtraction calculations
- Must be able to control and utilize fingers to write, slice chop and operate equipment.
- Must be able to fit through openings 30” wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 50 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Exposure to dish and cleaning chemicals
Receives direction and training from the Manager on duty as to the specific procedures and assignments.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and customer service can be taught through in house training.
This position description in not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principle job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Posting ID: 18864099Posted: 2021-02-22