SUMMARY OF POSITION
Prepares menu items according to company policies, procedures, programs and performance standards. Responsible for helping to maintain food costs and maintain cleanliness of the kitchen at all times. Performs all duties to maximize guest satisfaction and quality of work environment as directed by Kitchen Manager or Manager on Duty.
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
Cooks and Prepares Orders
- Uses, maintains and cleans all kitchen equipment, plus preparation and storage areas.
- Ensures station is fully stocked prior to line check and /or rush period.
- Stocks and rotates products on line to ensure they are within shelf life standards.
- Has sufficient knowledge of cooking stations, menu items and prep procedures to ensure correct portioning, quality, cooking time and performance standards.
- Cooks and prepares menu items according to guest request within company standards and following food safety and sanitation procedures.
Controls Food Cost
- Ensures products are accurately portioned
- Ensures food products are prepared as specified on the ticket or KDS screen
- Utilizes FIFO (first in first out) standards when preparing items
- Follow standardized recipes
- Maintains cleanliness of the kitchen, prep areas, coolers and storage areas
- Follows proper safety procedures and policies concerning food handling, rotation and storage
- Conducts line sweeps throughout the shift
- “Clean as you go” throughout the shift
- Understands OSHA requirements and health department standards
- Cleans all equipment on line and other areas as directed by the Kitchen manager or Manager on duty.
- Reports to work well-groomed, in clean and proper uniform and at all times practices good personal hygiene.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Communicates with Manager on Duty and coworkers regarding product/service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems. Etc.
- Keeps General Manager and Manager on Duty informed of problems and/or issues and proposes alternative solutions for consideration.
Assists Team Members
- Preps items according to recipes and procedures
- Assists dishwasher with washing and restocking dishes, pots, pans and utensils
- Assist front of house staff with cleanliness of dining room
- Provides guest service by communicating and cooperating with the front of house staff.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIROMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Extensive standing and walking for up to 8 hours
- Must be able to see at a distance (20) feet, at close range (12 inches), distinguish between shapes and utilize peripheral vision to avoid hazards.
- Must be able to communicate clearly
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depts. of 2 ½ - 3 feet.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided
- Must have time management skills
- Must be able to read, write and perform addition/subtraction calculations
- Must be able to control and utilize fingers to write, slice chop and operate equipment.
- Must be able to fit through openings 30” wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 50 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Exposure to dish and cleaning chemicals
Receives direction and training from the Kitchen Manager or Manager on duty as to the specific procedures and assignments.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and customer service can be taught through in house training.
This position description in not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principle job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Posting ID: 18864111Posted: 2020-01-29