SUMMARY OF POSITION
Prepares menu items according to company policies, procedures, programs, and performance standards. Performs all duties to maximize guest satisfaction and a quality work environment as directed by Food Production Manager or Manager on Duty.
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Reports to work well groomed, in a clean and proper uniform, and at all times practices good personal hygiene.
- Uses, maintains, and cleans all kitchen line equipment, plus preparation and storage areas.
- Stocks and rotates products on cooking line.
- Has sufficient knowledge of cooking stations, menu items and prep procedures to ensure correct portioning, quality, cooking time and performance standards.
- Cooks and prepares menu items according to guest request within company standards and following food safety and sanitation procedures.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Communicates with the Manager on Duty and coworkers regarding product/services deficiencies, equipment, safety problems, etc.
- Continuous standing
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depth of 2 1/2 - 3 ft.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided
- Must be able to fit through openings 30" wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times
- Lifting up to 50 pounds for a distance up to 30 feet
Receives direction and training from the Food Production Manager as to specific procedures and assignments.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and customer service can be taught through inhouse training.
Posting ID: 19310693Posted: 2020-02-19