Statement of the Job
All full- or part-time sales associates are responsible for the proper and efficient operation of their shift, within company policy. This means that they must ensure that the shift contributes to the increased profitability of the store. The term "sales associate" applies to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, shift employees, both full- and part-time.
- Greet Customers with a smile, be friendly, and offer prompt service.
- Greet gasoline customer on intercom (if applicable).
- Practice the suggestive sell.
- Thank customer.
- Adhere to all city, county, state and federal alcohol and tobacco regulations.
- Efficiently operate cash register making sure to ring all sales and managing cash and credit cards as directed by your manager.
- Operate lottery/lotto terminal.
- Operate gasoline intercom and console.
- If there is a car wash at the location, must operate the car wash terminal.
- Must be able to help customers with car wash problems.
- Operate shift within all company guidelines.
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Clean shelving and racks.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms.
- Clean and sanitize all fast food and drink equipment.
- Clean and organize cooler.
- Clean all windows, doors, and cooler doors.
- Clean gasoline islands and pumps.
- Empty trash inside the store and on the lot.
- Check equipment and temperatures.
- To perform other tasks assigned by the store manager.
- Assist the manager in seeing that the store maintains a 95% or better on image inspections.
- Clean the car wash areas.
Stocking and Pricing
- Stock items on shelf and racks.
- Change syrup box for fountain drinks.
- Keep fast food area stocked with coffee, and hot chocolate.
- Price all items making sure to change any signs if there have been any price changes.
- Rotate all stock and pull out-of-date stock off the shelf and store in the backroom for supplier credit.
- Stay familiar with the products and prices in the store.
- Complete the shift check-in procedures before starting the shift and complete check-out procedures at the end of the shift.
- Be alert to shoplifting prevention procedures.
- Practice good cash control at all times.
- Follow company policy with regard to excessive cash in registers, change box, and safe security, as directed by the store manager.
- Follow correct vendor check-in procedures as defined in the operations manual and as directed by the store manager. Make sure you check every item delivered by the vendor and match with the invoice.
- Protect company assets at all times.
- Follow robbery deterrence guidelines at all times
- Follow the work schedule as posted, unless a change in schedule is arranged with the store manager.
- Ensure that the manager is aware of all sales, cash or operating discrepancies within 24 hours.
- Prepare a shift report at the end of the shift as per company guidelines.
- Properly post all hours worked on the time sheet, and sign it to verify the hours worked. Make sure that the time card is signed, otherwise no pay check will be processed.
- Advise the store manager of any personnel situations or policy violations that have an adverse affect on the store's operation.
- Report any equipment (coffee machines, microwaves, refrigerators, gas pumps, lights, plumbing fixtures, etc) which are not working to your station manager.
- The store manager will review the employee's performance and recommend additional training or corrective procedures to improve performance.
- Associates will be terminated for insubordination, cash shortages, selling alcoholic beverages and tobacco to minors, and not arriving on time for work.
Requirements for the Job
The following constitute "essential functions" of the job:
- Read, understand, and write the English language at the eighth-grade level;
- Perform arithmetic calculations at the eighth-grade level in order to be able to make change, complete shift reports, and account for a variety of products during vendor check-in;
- Have sufficient visual acuity to check identification;
- Read and understand instructions for operating electronic cash registers and other equipment;
- Can lift up to 50 pounds, and carry cases of milk cartons and soft drinks, beer and juice containers;
- Can stock shelves and coolers;
- Can react to a fire by lifting the fire extinguisher and using it to extinguish the fire;
- Tolerate exposure to gasoline fumes and cleaning products;
- Can climb a ladder to clean windows;
- Sweep and mop floors, dust shelves, and lift and carry out trash containers and place in an outside bin;
- Can clean the parking lot and ground surrounding the convenience store;
- Can enter and work in a refrigerator walk-in cooler as needed.
The list of requirements, duties, and responsibilities listed above is by no means a complete list. It is merely a general summary for the position described. Management reserves the right to revise or change this position description at any time.
Posting ID: 19973838Posted: 2021-01-16