|Location|| 2526 University Blvd.W |
Silver Spring, Maryland
About this job
What do you seek in your career path? An opportunity for growth? A chance to succeed? A fun, exciting social environment? Blending all of these together is the difference between a good job and a great career. At IHOP You'll discover a balance between work life and personal life, as well as a wealth of benefits for your health, future, family and happiness.
We strive to encourage, enrich and celebrate our associates every day. Why? It's simple-we found it's the best way to help people reach their potential. It all starts with our inclusive culture, which welcomes and embraces our collective differences...and the strengths these differences create.
If this sounds like the kind of workplace you would enjoy, please apply now!
Primary Responsibilities: Maintains kitchen work areas, equipment, plateware and utensils in a clean, sanitary and orderly condition. Assists in food preparation procedures.
Specific Functions and Duties:
- Scrapes and pre-rinses food from dirty dishes and places them in dish washing machine.
- Washes pots, pans and trays by hand and/or machine.
- Completes all assigned prep work.
- Removes trash and garbage to dumpster area.
- Washes work area tables, walls, refrigerator equipment, cooking equipment and floors.
- Cleans garbage cans and trash receptacles.
- Assembles, maintains and breaks down dish machine.
Qualification Standards:Transports cases up to 50 pounds up to 20 times per day.
- Ability to place plates, utensils, pans and cases on both high and low shelves.
- Works indoors (90%*), outdoors (10%*).
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
- Able to respond in emergency situations to avoid imminent danger to self and others.
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Hours
- Extensive Training
- Meal Discounts
- Real Advancement Opportunities