Unit Marketing Director
The Unit Marketing Director will be located in a given trade area and work for one or more specific Chick-fil-A Units by directing marketing/public relations. The UMD is hired by and reports directly to the Operator of each Unit.
UMD responsibilities include:
- Working with the Operator to create a marketing plan
- Executing the marketing plan
- Tracking redemptions
- Monitoring effectiveness
- Building relationships within the community (Some UMDs have done this by distributing PALs/BOGs at community events, distributing food and catering menus to local businesses, setting up cross-promotions and school programs, as well as involving Chick-fil-A in community-wide events.)
- Set up in-store Sampling program.
- Traditionally, a UMD works 15-20 hours per week (for a single Unit); 30-40 hours per week (for multiple Units).
- Most UMDs work out of their home.
- The job responsibilities enable the UMD to have a flexible work schedule.
- Specific hours vary depending on the task to be accomplished. (e.g. may occasionally involve Saturday work for birthday parties or evenings for Kid’s Nights)
- Use of a personal vehicle is required for community-related work. Mileage reimbursed.
- Outside Sales or previous marketing experience is a plus.
- Insurance benefits available for full-time employees.