Take orders, prepare and serve alcoholic, non-alcoholic beverages and light meals to guests, courteously and efficiently according to hotel specifications. Maintain stock/supplies and cleanliness of outlet and equipment.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests.
- Minimum of years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- 2 year(s) experience as a Bartender or Barback.
- Food handling certificate.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co workers to their understanding.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- High school graduate, some college.
- Certification in alcohol awareness program.
- Ability to understand guests' service needs.
- Ability to access and input information into P.O.S. system.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when preparing drinks and providing service to multiple guests within any given period of time.
- Ability to focus on details.
- Ability to exercise good judgments in determining potentially intoxicated guests.
- Ability to maintain good coordination while preparing and serving orders quickly.
- Ability to exert strong physical effort in transporting cases of liquor and beer kegs from storeroom to bar.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Prior guest relations training.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Include the following. Other job related duties may be assigned.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment only as intended.
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all departmental policies and service procedures.
- Maintain complete knowledge of P.O.S. and manual systems.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies. Keep bank secure at all times.
- Complete opening side duties:
- Check quality and set up designated bar stock and supplies by using checklist.
- Requisition all necessary supplies.
- Transport supplies from storeroom to bar set-up area.
- Stock ice.
- Prepare garnishes.
- Stock glassware and paper supplies.
- Prepare mixes.
- Check cleanliness and condition of bar unit (C02 lines, soda tanks, soda guns, drain, etc.).
- Check condition and cleanliness of blender, shaker and other tools.
- Check temperature of refrigeration units.
- Greet guests and take their orders, utilizing suggestive/upselling techniques.
- Input orders into system; legibly document orders when system is down.
- Prepare all drink orders for guests according to specified recipes.
- Provide club service for designated beverages.
- Serve drinks to guests in accordance with departmental standards.
- Prepare and serve cappuccino and espresso.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge guests even when busy.
- Maintain positive guest relations.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond accurately to any guest inquiry.
- Handle guest complaints following the six step procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of bartop, tables and service areas.
- Anticipate and communicate replenishment needs promptly. Ensure proper authorization for additional payments as required prior to replenishing.
- Clearly communicate last call.
- Present guest check and process payment. Adhere to all cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
- Tip out Servers at the end of their shift; collect and report tips at the end of assigned shift.
- Legibly document designated items on the spill sheet.
- Ensure maximum usage of all supplies to attain budgeted beverage cost and to prevent waste.
- Use all chemicals in accordance with OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Complete closing side duties:
- Properly store all reusable goods in designated areas.
- Empty and drain ice bin; clean sink.
- Wipe clean all surfaces of bar; clean all bar equipment and tools.
- Wipe down all bottles and surfaces.
- Secure all liquors, beers, wines, coolers, cabinets and storage areas.
- Remove trash.
- Complete all closing reports in the P.O.S. system.
- Count bank at end of shift; complete designated cashier reports and drop receipts; secure bank.
- Assist with weekly/monthly inventories.
- Follow maintenance program and cleaning schedule.
- Assist in other bar areas as assigned.
- Legibly document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to Manager.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.