VKC Group is a restaurant management firm that owns and operates restaurants in the Houston area.
Our philosophy is to establish a friendly yet professional relationship with our customers through mutual respect and dignity. With years of experience and established relationships our energy, innovation, and presentation of creative solutions have expanded our growth. Our immense growth is due to our high standards of customer service, quality products, and our devoted employees.
We provide all who work with us a friendly, cooperative, and rewarding environment which encourages long- term, satisfying, growth employment.
NOTE: YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE TO BE AN ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assistant Managers are considered “Full Time Employees” and are expected to be available to work a flexible work schedule of up to 40 hours per week. Overtime may be scheduled time to time with prior District Manager approval.
- Adheres to the dress code at all times.
- Produces business results in accordance with budgeted expectations. i.e. sales, labor, and other store operating expenses.
- Exercises a high level of professional care in cash handling responsibilities, verifies daily deposits and promptly accounts for discrepancies.
- Ensures that the store is properly staffed and all personnel are in the proper uniform, properly trained in sales techniques and store operating procedures, including suggestive selling techniques and sampling procedures.
- Ensures products are prepared, cooked and displayed according to company standards and policies that project a positive and inviting image
- Maintains a high level of vigilance and control over the waste program.
- Completes Weekly Sales Summary, payroll inventories, and associated paperwork and adheres to corporate mail schedule for appropriate reports.
- Completes all inventories as scheduled and orders product/supplies according to stated procedure. Follows “model stock” guidelines provided by Management.
- Follows company policies/procedures as they relate to hiring, training, and progressive corrective action. Prepares and conducts performance evaluations of store personnel in accordance with company policy. Responsibilities:
- Maintains store cleanliness to the highest standard in accordance with company policy. Maintains and adheres to OSHA standards.
- Orientation of new Team Members, initial and ongoing training, including certification per position through modular training and practical assessments.
- Ensures all Team Members are clocked in and out on their scheduled times, including breaks.
- Ensures mailing/faxing of all required financial data to corporate office as required by company policy.
- Handles customer complaints as per company policy.
- Participates in decision-making to ensure the execution of all company marketing programs/promotions. Works with corporate marketing staff to ensure the most effective mall required advertising programs.
- Performs other essential duties as directed by the General Store Manager
Hours: It is expected of you to always be at work on time and in uniform. Hours will fluctuate according to store needs. Any change in schedule must be approved by your General Store Manager. Always clock in and out and take your breaks and lunches.
Physical requirements will include:
- Frequent lifting up to 30 pounds
- Occasional lifting up to 40 pounds
- Frequent carrying up to 30 pounds
- Continuous standing/walking
- Frequent bending and stooping
- Frequent reaching above shoulder level
- Occasional squatting
- Occasional pushing and pulling
- Frequent squeezing of hand and wrist