REPORTS TO: Franchise Owner / Service Center Manager
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all duties as listed in the Sales Employee Position Guide.
- Responsible for helping the Service Center Manager maintain a Tuffy Auto Service Center with efficient, high-quality automobile technical services and maximum Customer service.
- Creative, in the development of sales generating programs within the Service Center including aggressive prospecting for new commercial and fleet accounts.
- Handles all incoming phone calls per Tuffy Telephone Skill Program to maximize converting Customer inquiries into Service Center visits.
- Coordinates the activities of all auto service personnel (e.g., technicians).
- Monitors turnaround of work in and out of the shop. Insures that all carryovers and appointment work are properly handled each morning. Pays special attention to efficient turn around of work in the bays and adjusts back shop Employees' workload as necessary to achieve desired turnaround times.
- Performs thorough and accurate inspections on vehicles in the Service Center during the course of each day. Completes the inspection form for every car inspected. Ensures that technicians are properly using the inspection forms on all vehicles. Each inspection performed must include, but is not limited to, brakes (drums, rotors, linings, disc pads, cylinders, calipers, seals, bearings, hoses, lines); suspension systems (alignments, pitman arm bushings, shocks, struts, idler arm, tie rod end, ball joints); other items as time permits, such as battery cables, fluids, belts, hoses, headlights, wiper blades, muffler(s) and exhaust pipe(s).
- Pays particular attention to making adequate comments on inspection form so information can be effectively communicated to the Customer regarding those areas needing attention on his car.
- Daily reviews work orders to ensure correct pricing of labor and parts and correct ringing of the labor and the parts.
- Based on work order requests, promptly and accurately fills parts orders by looking up parts, checking for stock status, and pulling parts from stock or ordering them from approved suppliers.
- Orders parts from approved local sources at the best cost and with best service to effectively support back shop productivity.
- For outside purchases, quickly obtains price and availability of parts listed on Customer estimates.
- Maintains daily records of local purchases, purchase order(s), listing parts ordered and cross referencing to proper work order number for each purchase.
- Daily reviews sales checks/work orders for compliance; e.g., odometer readings, license numbers, written estimates, authorization signatures, credit approvals, revised estimates, manufacturer's specifications (as necessary) and management approval of "NO CHARGES."
- Coordinates general maintenance and maintains housekeeping and safety standards in the back shop. Has the primary responsibility to assure that the back shop is thoroughly cleaned at the end of each working day.
- Conforms to company procedures related to safety requirements.
- Protects Company Assets against shrinkage through tight controls.
- Ensures that equipment is not abused or neglected.
- Conforms to Tuffy policy to recommend only those parts and services legitimately needed by the Customer.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as necessary. Performs other administrative/paperwork activities as assigned.
- Assumes Service Center Manager's responsibilities in the Service Center Manager's absence.
TECHNICAL SKILLS / LICENSES REQUIRED:
Prior management experience preferred. Knowledge of exhaust systems, brake systems, steering and suspension systems. Must stay current with changes in automobile technology. Must become adept in the use of automobile manuals such as parts catalogues and flat rate time guide.
Ability to work with Company computer system, calculator, and familiarity with business math; i.e., gross profit mark-up.
JOB RELATED BEHAVIORS
Primary Behaviors - included in annual appraisal
- Customer Oriented
- Organizational Ability
- Safety Conscious
- Takes Direction
- Sales and Profit Minded
- Creative, Innovative
- Mathematical aptitude
- High Energy
- Works well under stress
- Attention to details
Posting ID: 25579611Posted: 2019-05-16