REPORTS TO: Service Center Mgr/Assistant Service Center Mgr
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repairs all aspects of foreign and domestic brakes; i.e., check and replace master cylinder, rebuild/replace caliper wheel cylinder, inspect/measure/turn rotors and drums, and other related brake repairs, as required. Possesses all necessary approved hand tools.
- Must be able to inspect and/or rebuild any component of domestic and foreign car steering linkage and possess necessary approved hand tools. This includes steering and suspension, shocks, steering wheel, springs, stabilizer links, steering linkage, car heights, and struts.
- Performs conventional wheel alignments, thrust angle alignments, and four wheel alignments. Checks proper adjustment of wheel bearings, bushings, tie rod ends, idler arms; inspect ball joint wear and documents ball joint specifications (as necessary) on the work order, and other related suspension parts as required.
- Must be able to repair and diagnose air conditioning systems, including leak detection and repair, hoses, clutch and compressor replacement, and evacuation and charging of the system. Possess necessary approved hand tools.
- Must be able to perform other high volume less technical repairs as required (e.g., exhaust system; lube, oil, and filter maintenance; and battery work).
- During the course of repairs, must be able to identify other needed parts or service, note this information on work order and communicate to sales associates.
- Must be willing to explain to Customers the services as needed. Provide Customer with safety equipment if this is to be done in the shop area.
- Will assist, as needed, to fill parts orders by looking up parts in books, checking for stock status, and pulling parts from stock or ordering them locally.
- Test drive vehicles before and after completion of repairs to insure work was done satisfactorily.
- Maintains the Customer's vehicle through the use of floor mats, seat covers, fender covers, rotation stickers, and Customer reply mirror danglers for Customer vehicles and insures that the Customer's car is left clean and free of grease, oil, or dirt on the steering wheel, door handles, carpeting, interior, etc.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment by keeping discarded parts and fluid spills cleaned up as they occur. Sweeps area out prior to leaving for the day or more often as needed.
- Conforms to Company procedures related to safety.
- Conforms to Tuffy policy to recommend only those parts and services legitimately needed by the Customer.
- Performs related duties as assigned or necessary.
- Conforms to Tuffy Sales Policy.
- Conforms to the Tuffy Rules and Safety Standards.
TECHNICAL SKILLS/LICENSES REQUIRED:
Must have a valid driver's license.
Must stay current with changes in automotive technology and attend technical training classes as available.
JOB RELATED BEHAVIORS:
Primary Behaviors - included in annual appraisal
- Customer Oriented
- Sales Oriented
- Takes Direction
- Neat / Organized
- Responsible / Reliable
- Safety Conscious
- Works Well Independently
- High Energy
- Problem Solver
- Attention to details
- Maintains Work Standards
Posting ID: 25579613Posted: 2019-06-19