Summary of Position
To assist the restaurant General Manager in the operation of a Chicken Salad Chick restaurant in a manner that will provide our guest with a superb experience, and maintain an invigorating and stimulating work environment for all team members while helping the restaurant achieve its financial objectives. Specific responsibilities will include the areas of Guest Service and Shift Management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- As the Manager on Duty, ensures compliance with established food standards, food quality, preparation and production by adhering to corporate food handling procedures and policies.
- Ensures that during their shift, appropriate dining room, service area and kitchen procedures are adhered to.
- Trains and counsels hourly team members who work primarily on their shifts or whose initial training will be on their shifts.
- Guarantees the highest level of hospitality and service to all guests at all times.
- Provide coaching of hourly team members during their shift when necessary.
- Ensures compliance with all personnel records, team member schedules and reports.
- Prepares and maintains administrative and financial records as directed by the General Manager.
- Assists the General Manager in the daily operation of the restaurant within the budget.
- Ensures that during their entire shift, specials, promotions, and marketing plans are presented according to company procedures.
- Ensures that hours of operation for the restaurant are maintained during their shift.
- Ensures that during their shift compliance with established safety and sanitation procedures and all Federal, State, and local regulations (child labor laws, wage and hour, OSHA, liquor laws, etc.) is met.
- Responsible for decision making in the following areas:
- Team member position assignments
- Purchases in accordance with established inventory levels and budgets
- Disciplinary actions as needed while he/she is the Manager On Duty
- All those decisions required to effectively execute shift operations
- All cleanliness standards are executed at the highest level during their shifts.
- Decisions to defer to GM relate to the following areas;
- hiring or terminating team members
- merit increases for team members
- vendor specifications
- specific purchases beyond those required to execute normal shift operations
- Regular and reliable attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to clearly and articulately communicate with team members and guests.
- Ability to interact professionally and appropriately with all team members and guests.
- Must have successfully completed formal Shift Leader classes provided by the Corporate Training Department
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility including bending and stooping for the duration of the workday.
- Must be able to lift or carry 20 pounds.
- Must be physically able to work at any duty station in the kitchen or service area when necessary.
SUPERVISES: All non-management restaurant personnel on their shift.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Team members may be asked to perform other duties as required by business needs.
Posting ID: 26919058Posted: 2020-02-19