The Banquet Server is responsible for providing the highest quality of service to guests in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner. He/she is also responsible for setup, servicing, and maintain banquet events per BEO's.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be effective at listening to, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Approach all encounters with the guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Valley Hospitality standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag WHEN WORKING.
- Comply at all times with Valley Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to guests., managers and fellow employees.
- Be familiar with the organization of the event as required by the BEO and established by Banquet Manager
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus and service style utilized per event
- Service guests with all food and beverage requirements in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Pre-bus all tables removing soiled dishes after each course and throughout the event.
- Able to service trays, dishes and other equipment for long distances in order to ensure the successful function
- Perform setup and closing procedures and in function duties according to staff assignments and established checklist
- Ensure that tables and buffets are kept stocked and appealing for guest
- Keep all beverages at least ¾ full (coffee, tea, soda, water, and lemonade.)
- Breakdown trays of soiled dishes and linen in the dish room according to established standards
- Familiar with the fire extinguishers, locations and know how to use them
- Receive and deliver food and beverage orders and collect payment
- Works as a team in order to complete all functions in the manner described by BEO’s
- Perform other duties as required by management
- Attend meeting/training as required by management
Posting ID: 29436228Posted: 2019-01-29