Department Supervisors are responsible for ensuring that associates provide exceptional customer service, while achieving sales goals as well as support and help the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager in their effort to consistently provide an environment that is “the best place to work and the best place to shop.” Supervisors help set the tone for the whole store, they must consistently do more than is required and frequently more than is expected. This includes ensuring customer satisfaction, driving sales, building sales skills and product knowledge. Effective supervisors maximize support productivity and profitability by aiding in balancing sales and expenses, identifying sales opportunities and setting customer service standards. They must demonstrate knowledge of the store’s purpose and goals and have the skills to help associates achieve those goals. An enthusiastic, positive and supportive attitude is essential.
The major responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Must strongly represent and embody the Core Values and Expectations.
- Have a working knowledge of and willingness to use: cash register/point of sale (POS), Activant, Time Clock software, inventory audits and outs, paint mixer, paint computer, key machine, ability to re-key locks, repair and re-screen; and use the pipe machine, forklift, and circ/chop/jig and other saws (where applicable.)
- Maintain a floor presence and a willingness to do whatever needs to be done to maintain and improve our store. (e.g. significant knowledge of all departments, willingness to help the team put an order away, sweep the floor, bring down overstock, keep aisles clear, etc.)
- Overall responsibility for customer satisfaction.
- Overall responsibility for store safety/security, financial, customer, and employee safety.
- Assist in with hiring, training and developing retail staff with goals for growth and success in their positions, provide performance feedback and recognize accomplishments.
- Help open and close the store
- Supervision of all staff within store location, including but not limited to daily operations, leadership and HR functions, while the operating as the most senior management team member on duty.
- Coordinate the overall supervision of retail staff to ensure sales performance goals are met and procedures are followed accurately.
- Assist in and help forecast scheduling needs to meet customer demand and create work schedules including vacation, holiday, and PTO requests.
- Competence in Human Resources issues including but not limited to day-to-day operations, payroll, reviews, employee discipline, conflicts, vacations, holidays and training.
- Maintain high level of housekeeping throughout the store, both inside and out.
- Review retail inventory and overstock to: reduce shrinkage, maintain appropriate stock levels, and ensure inventory reporting accuracy.
- Help oversee Merchandising of store, including pricing, promotions, end caps and displays.
- Understand and supervise the visual presentations to ensure standards are met with regards to end caps, floor displays, and general retail merchandising.
- Confidence in shipping, receiving and transferring procedures to ensure inventory flow.
- Maintain and establish business relationships with vendors, house accounts, and Crown team.
- Enforce safety policies and procedures; is a safety role model.
- Conscious of shoplifting activity.
The minimum requirements for this position include:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- College preferred or vocational training.
- Possess product knowledge of hardware related products along with willingness to learn.
- Proven performance as a GMA team member.
- Past managerial experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- Strong leadership and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations.
- Strong problem –solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks with high attention to detail and follow through.
- Knowledge of retail computer systems, email, MS Word and Excel.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business.
- A commitment to service excellence and customer satisfaction.
- Solid team player with professional demeanor and excellent interpersonal skills.
The minimum physical requirements for this position include but are not limited to:
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds frequently to load and unload customer orders.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to hear, understand and communicate orally and in writing to communicate with staff and customers a normal in-person and phone conversation.
- Ability to bend and twist, push and pull, stoop, and kneel.
- Ascend and descend ladder.
- Ability to work at heights.
License and Certificates:
- Must possess a current valid Colorado Driver’s License.
- Upon hire must be willing to obtain and maintain forklift certification (where applicable)
Rate of Pay: Dependent upon education and experience.
Posting ID: 29571651Posted: 2020-02-19