We have a part-time/full-time opening for a BOH Team Member.
Must be able to work various shifts per week and be available weekdays and weekends.
- No experience required.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
The BOH Team Member is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry and/or stations or other areas of the kitchen. He/She prepares all items needed for service, from chopping vegetables to making sauces and butchering meat. At times, the BOH Team Member will be tasked to prepare items for another station or special event. In addition, this position cleans kitchen equipment, organizes produce delivery, trains new cooks and completes a nightly inventory. The ideal BOH Team Member candidate has a minimum of one year training and/or experience and is responsible to:
- Set up station according to restaurant guidelines
- Practice, monitor, and reinforce food safety procedures according to policy and health/sanitation regulations
- Follow recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant
- Manage and maintain a safe working condition
- Restock all items as needed throughout shift
- Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested by the Kitchen Manager.
- Maintain fast, accurate service, positive guest relations, and ensure products are consistent with quality standards
- Able to lift 50 pounds to waist level
- Neat, clean, and professional appearance
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Exhibit a sense of urgency
- Strong stamina to work long or split shifts
- Willingness to work on your feet
- Basic culinary coursework or equivalent experience desired
- Highly collaborative nature
- Previous prep or line cook experience
Posting ID: 30152516Posted: 2020-03-29