The Kitchen Staff is responsible for food preparation, must be able to perform all station duties: fry station, flat top griddle, broiler, pantry, cooking eggs & bacon, communicating ticket times and other potential problems that may arise to the Restaurant General Manager on duty and other team members as necessary. The Kitchen Staff must provide the highest quality of service to customers and associates at all times. The Kitchen Staff should be able to perform all other responsibilities as directed by management. The Kitchen Staff typically reports to the Restaurant General Manager, Assistant Manager, and Shift Leader.
- Follows Recipes and or Product Directions for Preparing, Seasoning, Cooking, Tasting, Carving and Serving Food Items Which May Include: Meats, Vegetables, Desserts and other Food and Beverage products.
- Cleans and Sanitizes work stations and equipment
- Practices Excellent Food Safety and Sanitation Practices and Complies with all BK Food and Safety Standards
- Operates a Variety of Kitchen Equipment; Measures and Mixes Ingredients, Washes, Peels, Cuts and Shreds Fruits and Vegetables.
- Stocks, Dates, Rotates and Checks Temperature of Product
- Requires Food Preparation Skills and Knowledge of Burger King Practices including Food and Safety.
- Requires a Minimum of 1 yr of closely related cooking experience in fast food restaurants
- Requires Food Knowledge pertaining to Broiler, Fry, Flat Top Cook
- Requires the ability to lift/move up to 40lb
- Requires the ability to bend twit and stand to perform normal job functions
- Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions
- Frequently works with sharp knives, utensils, and hot plates
- Frequently works in hot environment.
- Can stand for a long time.