The primary focus of the incumbent will be to focus on professionalism and providing a superior customer experience from a hospitality standpoint. The incumbent will assist in coordinating the different facets and timing of (front door, bar, kitchen and servers) to ensure a superior well paced guest experience. This individual will report directly to the GM and manager on duty. He/she must have a visible presence in the dining room interacting with the guest base by catering to their needs and making sure any potential issues are mitigated before an experience deteriorates. This individual is expected to be catalysts for the second floor team and guests to want to return because of the professionalism, hospitality and graciousness consistently displayed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in handling reservations and floor charts
- Assist managers with pacing the flow of the guest experience from the initial greeting (host stand), to the bar/lounge and to the dining room
- Assist in any operational needs on the third floor.
- Work with private dining events to assist with guests and cater to their needs.
- Handle guests’ complaints and concerns in a professional manner.
- Assist with GM and Managers on style of service for second floor.
- Assist with service staff to fill in the gaps.
- Advising guests on menus & beverage choices.
- Checking and dealing with guests Special Occasion arrangements eg.Birthdays, Anniversaries, Honeymoons, Weddings
- Promote special In House events eg. Winemakers Dinners , Cocktails, Tasting sessions
- Oversea and pro-actively deal with guest queries and complaints.
- This is not a tipped position.
Skills & Competencies
- A genuine interest and understanding in food and drink – wine and cocktail knowledge is essential - must be comfortable discussing food, wine, cocktails, cordials and current events
- Exceptional communication and presentational skills.
- Must be professional and have a noticeable style/elegance.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to think on your feet and under pressure while maintaining a positive outlook and attention to detail.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills and ability to understand and respond to individual guests’ needs and requirements.
- Able to organize time effectively, forward plan and prioritize tasks to ensure work load is balanced and urgent situations are dealt with immediately. Ability to multitask
- Ability to work as part of a small team and independently and use initiative
- Must have excellent communication skills and conflict resolution skills
- Must smile and be even keeled (calm under pressure).
- Must enjoy being around people
Minimum Education & Training
- Must have a high school education and worldly experience.
- Must have 5 years or more of active participation in fine dining.
- Must have a high depth of knowledge and experience with fine dining service methods.
- Must have working knowledge of POS systems.
Environmental Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift trays of beverages or food.
- Must be able to work nights 5-midnight.
- Work requires standing for a shift.
- Restaurant FOH highly professional environment interacting with high level demanding clientele.
Posting ID: 31191012Posted: 2020-04-05