Summary of Position
Provide friendly, prompt, individualized service that creates a dining experience so positive that all guests will want to return.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome and greet guests. Make all our guests feel comfortable and let them know you’re there to personally take care of them.
- Inform guests of specials and feature items.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in our point-of-sale system.
- Deliver food and beverages to guests in a timely matter.
- Run food orders from the pick-up window promptly regardless of which server placed the order.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as assigned.
- Maintain clean service areas.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests. Pre-bus tables frequently.
- Prepare bill and present check to guest at appropriate point in service sequence.
- Clean and reset tables promptly. Clean chairs, booths, and surrounding carpet.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Possess verbal and language skills to understand and communicate with guests.
- Must have a basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions.
- Possess basic math skills, operate a point-of-sale system, and have the ability to handle money.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver plates of food, as well as supplies weighing up to 10 pounds.
Posting ID: 31330655Posted: 2020-03-04