We have a full-time/part-time opening for a Prep/Line Cook - BALLANTYNE LOCATION.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
Wage: commensurate with experience
JJ’s Red Hots will be primarily focused on cooking and serving the highest quality products possible in a comfortable, friendly and fun environment. So, if you are not wholly committed to delivering on this promise, you may not want to work here. Yes, we like to have fun, but we take our commitment to quality very seriously - both the food quality and the quality of the guest experience. That means making people feel at home and being committed to their 100% satisfaction.
Our singular focus is to serve our guests the best hot dog they have ever had and treat them as if they are part of our family.
And please remember. Don’t dis’ the ‘dog!
JJ’s Line Cook(s) will be in charge of making sure that each station in the restaurant has the ingredients it needs for each service. He or she will complete tasks in a timely manner and must be easily adaptable to change. He or she must also be very conscious of product usage and strive to reduce waste across the board, while maintaining quality and consistency. This is the foundation of JJ’s success!
• 3+ years food prep/grill/fryer experience a plus.
• Basic to advanced knife skills, with enthusiasm for improving
• High volume fast casual experience a plus
• Must understand the power of building and being part of a team environment
• Reliable transportation
• Able to multi-task in a high-volume position
• Self-motivated and able to complete tasks in a timely manner
• Be familiar with and practice all food handling safety regulations
• Experience with batch cooking and following recipes
Reliable, punctual, level-headed, detail oriented, trustworthy, performance driven, sense of
humor, multi-tasker, considerate, coachable, team player
Line Cook Job Duties:
• Arrive on time, ready to work hard
• Check daily prep lists and maintain par levels
• Adhere to established recipes and techniques
• Uphold high food standards, including quality and consistency
• Be able to operate smoothly at high volume levels
• Maintain and operate in a clean, safe area -leaving it the same way for the next shift
• Willing to step in and lend a hand at any other station if needed