Summary: The cashier is responsible for serving customers in a professional, quick, and courteous manner, while complying with all regulations.
Essential Job Duties/Functions:
- Arrive at work in a clean and proper uniform, and be clean and neat in appearance
- Report for work in a timely manner when scheduled with regular and consistent attendance.
- Greet customers in a friendly manner. Provide friendly and competent customer service.
- Understand all functions of the POS system, lottery system, Game and Parks system, and fuel system.
- Make change properly and process all sales quickly and accurately.
- Be proficient in opening and closing a shift/day including completing all paperwork including shift deposits.
- Ensure all items are properly stocked and priced correctly.
- Read and follow directions.
- Check in vendor delivery.
- Assist in ordering when needed.
- Understand fuel inventory reports.
- Clean and sanitize equipment and perform simple maintenance.
- Keep store neat and clean both inside and out. Complete all sidework assigned.
- Recognize and report problems or potential problems to management.
- Project a positive attitude and have the ability to work as a team.
- Responsible for all aspect of food operations and handling/storage of product including documenting hold times etc.
- Comply with all state/federal regulations.
- Ensure all food products are stored properly, rotated, and ensure a clean and healthy food service environment.
- Able to work all sytems correctly and efficiently.
- Ability to read, write, and perform math skills.
- Must possess a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Must be flexible with the ability to adapt to change when required.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
- Must be well groomed and properly attired.
- Must be able to work holidays, weekends, and any shift needed as needed.
- Must have reliable transportation and phone.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Able and willing to deliver friendly, courteous, and prompt customer service.
- Able and willing to work cooperatively with all other team members.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the cashier to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions, provided such accommodations do not create an undue hardship for the Company.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for long periods of time, frequently walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear, occasionally sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Additional Job Duties:
- Assisting in other duties as assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be willing to be Class C certified for UST fuel certification.
- Must be willing to take RBST training as required to sell tobacco and alcohol.
- Retail and/or guest experience preferred.
Posting ID: 32679788Posted: 2021-05-10Job Title: Cashier