Summary: The assistant manager is responsible for overseeing the total operation of the assigned Fat Dogs location in the absence of the Manager
Essential Job Duties/Functions:
- Arrive at work in a clean and proper uniform, and be clean and neat in appearance
- Report for work in a timely manner when scheduled with regular and consistent attendance.
- Greet customers in a friendly manner. Provide friendly and competent customer service.
- Understand all functions of the POS system, lottery system, Game and Parks system, and fuel system.
- Make change properly and process all sales quickly and accurately.
- Be proficient in opening and closing a shift/day including completing all paperwork including shift deposits. Assist in cash control and bank deposits.
- Ensure all items are properly stocked and priced correctly.
- Read and follow directions.
- Check in vendor delivery.
- Assist in ordering when needed.
- Understand fuel inventory reports.
- Clean and sanitize equipment and perform simple maintainance.
- Keep store neat and clean both inside and out. Complete all sidework assigned.
- Recognize and report problems or potential problems to management.
- Project a positive attitude and have the ability to work as a team.
- Responsible for all aspect of food operations and handling/storage of product including documenting hold times etc.
- Comply with all state/federal regulations.
- Ensure all food products are stored properly, rotated, and ensure a clean and healthy food service environment.
- Assist in hiring, disciplining, and terminating personnel with the involvement of the manager.
- Ensure all paperwork is complete, accurate, and turned in on time.
- Make certain customer needs are met and implement the company's policy on customer service.
- Attend management meetings and training meetings as required.
- Personally reflect and make certain all personnel are in proper working uniform, neat and clean at all times.
- Assist in keeping necessary records on merchandise, personnel, and fuel.
- Assist in handling problems dealing with customers, personnel, or mechanical.
- Assist in making sure all personnel are supervised and trained thoroughly.
- Ensure the cleanliness, organization, and overall appearances of assigned store meets or exceeds company standard and are in proper working order both inside and out.
- Assist in implementing and following up of all company policies.
- Assist in making sure all shifts are covered.
- Able to work all sytems correctly and efficiently.
- Ability to read, write, and perform math skills.
- Must possess a positive, enthusiastice attitude.
- Must be flexible with the ability to adapt to change when required.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
- Must be well groomed and properly attired.
- Must be able to work holidays, weekends, and any shift needed as needed.
- Must have reliable transportation and phone.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Able and willing to deliver friendly, courteous, and prompt customer service.
- Able and willing to work cooperatively with all other team members.
- Must have knowledge of operations and maintenance of all equipment in the assigned stores.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the cashier to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accomodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilitites to perform essential functions, provided such accomodations do not create an undue hardship for the Company.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for long periods of time, frequently walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear, occasionally sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Additional Job Duties:
- Assisting in other duties as assigned.
- Directly supervises staff of assigned location in the absence of the manager.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be willing to be Class A/B certified for UST fuel certification.
- Must be willing to take RBST training as required to sell tobacco and alcohol.
- Must be willing to be FoodSafe certified.
- Retail and/or guest experience preferred.
Posting ID: 32679793Posted: 2021-03-02Job Title: Assistant Manager